• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ColorCAMM - the dreaded PC-50

rllthomas

I have the long discontinued ColorCAMM PC-50 that I want to use for the occaisional job where you want to print white. The cutter works fine, but when you try and print nothing transfers from the ribbon to the print head. The media I tried the test sample on is a clear 3M adhesive backed cast vinyl. Not a specific thermal transfer vinyl but I was under the impression the ColorCAMM would print on almost anything.

Any suggestions? What are the symptoms of a bad print head? Should the media get warm? What are the chances of digging up a print head for one of these and where would one look other than ebay? Any advice in general other than throwing away the ColorCAMM or using it as a door stop or paper weight?

Thanks,

Rich

Pro Image

Sorry sounds like a bad print head....................Good luck in finding one........

and

Howdee from VA..............

dswanson

actually I may know where you can get a printhead. Pacific Coast Paint /Pacific Coast Sign Supply in Portland Oregon. Has a graveyard of old Roland's my employer told me about it and I was able to find parts for a machine that Roland told me flat out good luck.

http://www.pacificcoastsignsupply.com/

they have a great Roland Tech as well, that is who I'd be calling.