• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ColorCert for Full Wrap Industry

I Branding

Hello guys,
I know that there is a x-rite colorcert software that is based on the packaging industry. And basically you print a strip of colors (brand colors, spot colors) and you read them in with the I1 device and you see if you fail or pass. Now all i do is print spot graphics and full wraps for vehicles, box trucks, 53' trailers, event signage etc. Where i think the tolerance of Delta should be a bit higher then the packaging industry tolerance of 1.5 and lower( I heard this from a few source don't hold me to it). Can anybody help me with this? colorcert is all new to me and I don't think it actually fits within the vehicle wrap side of graphics.

Thanks guys

Correct Color

Can anybody help me with this? colorcert is all new to me and I don't think it actually fits within the vehicle wrap side of graphics.

Bottom line is that you're right.

Thing to keep in mind is that any color verification software or process is all basically doing the same thing. Somehow or another you've got the original color readings from some kind of target that you're comparing to where you are right now, and then based on some sort of test, you're determining if you're still in some sort of tolerance. The rest is just pretty much who sold you what, or what works best for you.

Colorcert does all those functions, but it's set up to test accuracy during a litho or flexo press run. In such a press run, conditions can change throughout the run that the operator can control. So he can take readings, and make adjustments accordingly.

That's just not the way it works in large and grand format, so I'd rate it as not much of a fit.