• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colorchoice 4.5v2 CJ500 or SC500

sfr table hockey

I was told again that I might not find color profiles if I convert the CJ500 over to EcoSol Max inks. I mainly want to be printing the ice sheets for the table hockey games but I also want to be able to print pictures on canvas for my picture framing. The ice sheets would not matter as it would be easy to get the few colors needed to look ok. But the canvas stuff would be the problem.

I know some of you are using the CJ500 converted or the SC500 with heaters and using uncoated media. Will I be able to find color profiles if I were to use Rolands EcoSol Max inks with colorchoice 4.5v2? Or should I be looking at other inks in order to get profiles to work?

The past posts I read said Roland won't support the colorchoice any more.
What might the options be?
Is this why some have said not to convert it over?

Thanks for any comments.
Lyle

sfr table hockey

Tried the Roland support but they won't give any input except not to convert it over. No help on the profiles.
Did get some great help from another guy.
What I might try is the eleven ten inks that are very close to the ecosol max. Sounds like profiles for the sc 500 might work ok with the CJ 500.

Again if anyone had any other input it would be great.

quackster

Lyle,
I have a sc500. If you'd like I could make a copy of my color choice disc & send it to you. The profiles on the disc were set up for the original eco-sol inks. I have found that just adjusting ink levels when outputting an image works fine for the eco-sol max inks. You just have to experiment with different level settings. You shouldn't have any problems converting over to solvent inks. They are basically the same machine.
Let me know,
Greg Savage
spectrumsigns at gmail.com

sfr table hockey

Thanks, that's good to know about finding the profiles. I thought my disk with colorchoice 4.5v2 was not working as I could not get it to load. Also the AVG anti-virus was giving a "virus found Win32/Small detected on open". But after reading that some of other guys were having a false report on a virus while installing an update, I tried it on an older computer and it started to boot up fine. I just need to firgure out why on my new computer, ( 1GB Ram and over 100 GB free space ) it's not saving it correct. It keeps telling me setup is unable to find a hard disk location to store temporary files. Error 101.

I can make a mould of almost anything, carve a hockey player from clay, pour all my parts by hand, but sometimes this computer stuff drives me nuts as I can't load a new program.

By the way, do you have heat plates on your sc500? I noticed some profiles are listed for SC500 without heaters and using Ecosol max. I would think the heat plates would not change the color issue or would it?

Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:

Baz

I have an SC-500 with heaters. I use the standard profiles supplied from the Roland website.

Thanks, that's good to know about finding the profiles. I thought my disk with colorchoice 4.5v2 was not working as I could not get it to load. Also the AVG anti-virus was giving a "virus found Win32/Small detected on open". But after reading that some of other guys were having a false report on a virus while installing an update, I tried it on an older computer and it started to boot up fine. I just need to firgure out why on my new computer, ( 1GB Ram and over 100 GB free space ) it's not saving it correct. It keeps telling me setup is unable to find a hard disk location to store temporary files. Error 101.

Do you have links to the pages where you read about other people having the 101 error?

(BTW, if you're having trouble with profiles on converted machines, our suggestion is to dish out $100 and get your own made: http://www2.chromix.com/colorvalet/ Sometimes you can use the ink manufacturer's profiles if you can find a solvent machine that was close to your pre-converted model in the same family.)

Thanks!

The guys at www.solventprinterconversion.com

sfr table hockey

Hey,
sorry I did not notice your post till today. I do have an update on the 101 error.
First the post I read about a false virus was to do with the new update for the Roland versacam. One of the posts in there was about an issue downloading the update until the anti virus was removed. I don't think that was an actual 101 error but mine was.

Well now in my case I had exited out of the AVG program and still got the error. Turns out that I needed to uninstall the AVG virus program and once I did that everything loaded fine and now have the CJ 500 up and running.

Ahhhh... you know, we had figured out that the one thing all our systems here had in common was that AVG was installed... and we tried shutting it down and that didn't work. The thought to completely uninstall AVG crossed my mind, but I thought "nah". It was the one thing we didn't try, OF COURSE! Thanks so much for the reply. After uninstalling completely it did indeed let us install Colorchoice 4.5. We were able to install AVG again after Colorchoice was on there.

gazzamania

Lyle,
I have a sc500. If you'd like I could make a copy of my color choice disc & send it to you. The profiles on the disc were set up for the original eco-sol inks. I have found that just adjusting ink levels when outputting an image works fine for the eco-sol max inks. You just have to experiment with different level settings. You shouldn't have any problems converting over to solvent inks. They are basically the same machine.
Let me know,
Greg Savage
spectrumsigns at gmail.com

?....