• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Colorprofiling on Rasterlink 6+ with a JFX 200-2513

lephot

It will be around EUR 2.500 (not shure exactly). It have some nice features, for example a possibility to create profiles for emulating other printers (even non-Mimaki) on a Mimaki printer. And as far as I have understood (not tested until now) it can create generic CMYK- and RGB-Profiles for other RIP´s/Printer Drivers too.

With Rasterlink 7, there is a calibration tool available, but haven´t used it until now because I have MPM3, so I´m not shure too if it is possible to create a complete profile with it and i1 Profiler. Unfortunately, Rasterlink 7 supports the 2513EX only, not the 2513.

You can download the MPM3-Installer from the Mimaki Website, and can use it unactivated for some time. But it has limited functionality, for example you can´t setup new media names.
Well 2500 € .. it is almost as expensive as a third party RIP with color module !!
I confirm RL 7 is not compatible with the JFX 2513.
OK thanks I will download the trial version !

lephot

Thought about using an ethernet cable to the pc or network? Then use colorgate. That would make so much more sense and probably solve your issues.
Pauly, As said, the distance betwwen RIP and Room configurations does not make it practical to use the JFX with the actual RIP.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Pauly, As said, the distance betwwen RIP and Room configurations does not make it practical to use the JFX with the actual RIP.
I dont know your shop setup, but you really dont need the RIP next to the printers. you're not really going back and fourth.
Ideally you send all jobs to the printer. From the printer, you print all the jobs with out needing to go back to the RIP.

FrankW

Well 2500 € .. it is almost as expensive as a third party RIP with color module !!
Yes. Onyx Postershop for example from 1. July EUR 2.695,-- with color profiler, minus Rasterlink Trade-In EUR 600,-- = EUR 2.095,--.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Get an ethernet USB hub. That way you can run an ethernet cable from your RIP to your JFX and plug in the USB. It will be like the printer is in the same room.

lephot

Yes. Onyx Postershop for example from 1. July EUR 2.695,-- with color profiler, minus Rasterlink Trade-In EUR 600,-- = EUR 2.095,--.
FrankW, To be honest I've tried (quite a few years ago I must say) Postershop, and I haven't been convinced at all by this RIP. More Over I would keep the licence Rasterlink just in case as it is the RIP delivred with the JFX.

FrankW

FrankW, To be honest I've tried (quite a few years ago I must say) Postershop, and I haven't been convinced at all by this RIP. More Over I would keep the licence Rasterlink just in case as it is the RIP delivred with the JFX.
I like the onyx profiler and the swatch book color replacement-functionality. And if there is some software to trade in, it isn´t very expensive at all. With the non-dongle Rasterlinks, you only need to send in the activation code, you can continue using the software.

yannb

Yannb, I must admit I was also surprised by my distributor's reply. I am not gonna give his name as I want to keep good relation with him, but it is one of biggest in france ! Where are you located yannb ?

I work for a dealer in Belgium, near Ghent.