• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

colors arent coming out true on my printer

I have a used sc500 with brand new everything installed on it. I cant get the colors on my screen to print out the same on my printer. Please help. I am losing money daily!

Circleville Signs

You need to have your screen calibrated if you want a true color match.

Either that, or print out the library of PMS, CMYK, and RGB swatches from your design program and use that as a guide for your clients.

Ok, I'll bite. First is the test print coming out complete and colors are all firing correctly? Next is it some colors or all color? I am guessing you are using canned profiles? Have you done any searches on here for color theory or custom profiles? What software you designing in, and what type of files are you creating, CMYK or RGB? What rip are you using, versaworks? What file types are you trying to print? Your problem was way to vague, need much more info!!

Bigdawg

Just Me
You need to calibrate screen to printer... and be using the proper profiles for the materials. If you want to see how far off you are - print a PMS swatch and compare to the actual CMYK PMS swatch in a PMS bridge book.

And welcome from elsewhere in Sarasota :smile:

moving forward with colors

As we are continuing to test and search out the ins and outs of the new printer we have just learned a valuable lesson, we were using Bordeaux Inks for the roland sc500 as recommended to us well after completetly refurbishing the printer the bordeaux inks have eaten a hole in the pump tubing and destroyed both sets of sponges in the cap station. So now as we wait for new parts to arrive we have time to work on the other aspects of the printer. currently we are looking for icc profiles and I am not able to find them anywhere online, any Ideas? 2nd we are running the printer from a parallel port and were told to look into a usb upgrade, is anyone familiar with running the roland sc500 from a usb? and what is the cost of such? going back to the color issue we have 2 different computers we are designing from one of the them is using default colors from flexi software all in rgb that one seems to print better colors than the other computer that is using all user defined cmyk colors. Why would that not print correctly... any help with any issues will be greatly appreciated ...

Robert M

Capping station

Don't bother putting Roland capping stations and pumps in that printer, they will fail again. What you want to use are Mutoh falcon caps (have mesh screens to prevent swelling) and JV3 pumps(solvent tubes). They will last longer than the Roland parts. Shoot me a pm for part numbers or check them out at www.solventinkjet.com