• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

colors blah on VS-540

landdesigns

Having issues printing vibrant colors with my VS540. It all started when my computer crashed over the weekend. We purchased a new computer and upgraded our Corel Draw to version 7 also. All programs all loaded fine. We are using Roland VersaWorks and the Roland Color library. Since this change to a new computer and Corel Draw upgade the colors are not printing what I chose off the pallet and they are not matching up with the color chart I print. When I print the color chart it prints correctly but when I print a design the colors do not print correctly. With our previous computer it was working just fine. That crashed and we loaded everything back up and never had this issue....we do not understand why this is doing this?!?!?!?!?!??!!? Maybe a settings issue...???

Anyone ever experience this and if so how do we correct this issue???

Thank you
Land Designs

reQ

Check your settings in Color Management tab. Set it to Adobe1998 RGB or sRGB for RGB values & US Swop for CMYK. (At least its what works for me and i print what i see in corel) Also, make sure you export color profiles correctly and your VersaWorks print embed color profile so its all matching down the road.

reQ

When you export eps/tiff etc files, you will see checkmark option EMBED COLOR PROFILE. Make sure its checked. In versaworks, unver Quality tab - Color Management option, click PROPERTIES, you will see you can check there USE EMBEDDED ICC PROFILE. Plus make sure your simulation target profiles also matching. For example if you exported file in sRGB mode, make sure in veraworks its also uses sRGB. Same with CMYK.

graphicwarning

I am going to assume two things when posting this response, because I don't see this info in your original question.

Assuming you are using CorelDraw X7, and exporting as an EPS... make sure and uncheck "Convert spot colors to:"

See the image for what you'd be looking for in your export dialog.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-21 at 2.14.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-21 at 2.14.11 PM.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 178

niksagkram

If you are using the Roland colour system, make sure that "convert spot color" is checked (properties/file format in Versaworks).

Mark

graphicwarning

I have always left mine at Native, and unchecked convert spot colors... I have no issues with the Roland spot colors unless as mentioned, the spot color setting is unchecked in Versaworks.

landdesigns

I left native and checked convert spot colors .....Colors really good!!!

Thanks you guy for all the advice!!!! Big HELP!!!!! Thanks