• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colors Blah??

Jamie0075

3B90FDBA-7417-4276-9719-EE95E89CA336.jpeg
343E6D2F-274B-4540-9301-7BB1940C632B.jpeg
So I’m trying to print a company logo that was given to me and the colors are grainy... remember under my avitar it says newbie! Lol printing on a Roland vp540. Are these colors supposed to look this grainy? I’m not impressed. Printing on crappy orajet 5165 ra with the proper profile.. can anyone guide me a bit? I’ll even accept criticism with the responses. I can take it! Thank all!

Last edited:
He's new guys, the first thing to check is Bidirection alignment. Print it in UNIDIRECTION if it looks good you can finish the job and spend some time later figuring out bidirectional settings for correct head alignment.

AKwrapguy

It looks to me like you might be using the wrong profile for the wrong media. Often canned profiles need to be tweaked to suite your setup and environment. Other things to also check is the file and the colors.

Jamie0075

Thanks everyone! Seems my problem was with the heat .. the media profile wants the heat at 45 Celsius. I switched it to let the printer control the heat which is set at 35 Celsius ( not because I put it there trust me lol) seem to take out a lot of the fuzzy! I’ll keep playing with it to see if I can dial it in better . Thanks again!!

IsItFasst

Also make sure the colors are RGB. At least in Flexi I have a lot of issues when the customer sends me a file where the colors are CMYK (since my profiles only print accurately using the RGB color pallet). But as others have said, the canned profiles are never perfect. So if it prints other stuff just fine (then it isn't the major issues others have suggested) I would focus on the profile.