Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colors coming out grainy except for black

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by StickerGuy83, Mar 26, 2020.

1. StickerGuy83

StickerGuy83 Member

Sep 25, 2019
    new jersey
    I have an HP Latex 115 with Flexi 19, purchased brand new a few weeks ago.

Printing on SAV, 12 pass, 120% ink density, 18% optimizer.

The blacks print great, red doesn't look so bad, but all the other colors seem to be very grainy.
    I know this has been brought up so many times, but noone has ever come up with a resolution.
    I have printed optimizer test plots, color calibrations, media advance calibrations. Print head cleaning, print head alignment and so on. The only thing I haven't tried was running higher passes, but the ICC I am using is not allowing me to edit the number of passes on the printers touch screen.

Any help would be appreciated, and if someone has some solid answers, I will compensate you!!

Tags:
  2. dypinc

dypinc Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Here
    What does the ICC have anything to do with the printers touch screen. The RIP is where the ICC function is.

3. hazartilirot

hazartilirot Member

Sep 23, 2018
    Ukraine
    You need to make an ambient microclimate in the room i.e. the temperature should be around +25C and humidity 55%. The environment is the first culprit when you get grainy prints

Attached Files: