• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colors in Versaworks show up different than in Corel

autoexebat

I've been working with this for for well over an hour now and I just can't get it . I have changed it from EPS to PDF and that didnt help... Whats wierd is I have many gradient files and never had this issue come up before.

I am posting 2 pictures.

Attachments

• error1.jpg
    error1.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 117
  • error2.jpg
    error2.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 80

squareba

Hello

did you get this file as .eps or was it made by yourself in corel and exported as .eps, reason i ask is sometimes full vector gradients can play havoc if created with some versions of illustrator or another vector drawing program, i would either do a refill gradient in corel again then export as .eps or pdf, or trying bringing it into adobe acrobat professional and go to tools, and then save again as .eps, you would be surprised what adobe acrobat can do, its especially good for pdf's created out of jpegs, and they can sometimes crash half way through printing and/or give bad printed output.

i have a love of reprographics and hate microsoft publisher

Alan
Atherton Media

splizaat

have u tried actually printing it, regardless of what versaworks looks like? The color representation in Versaworks is 99% incorrect, everytime.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I've never trusted VW's preview...it always shows wrong. Blues will look purple, and once you print, it's blue.
I would print it and THEN troubleshoot, if there's an issue.

squareba

Create the file in illustrator...corel handles gradients real weird in my experience. Done. :)

Ive also split plenty of illustrator files with corel just to get them to print!

but we won't go down the illustrator/corel pros and cons route will we LOL

Alan
Atherton Media

splizaat

Ive also split plenty of illustrator files with corel just to get them to print!

but we won't go down the illustrator/corel pros and cons route will we LOL

Alan
Atherton Media

LOL ok ok....fair enough. To be honest I'd actually like to try Corel out, if they'd come out with something new for mac.

graphicwarning

To be honest I'd actually like to try Corel out, if they'd come out with something new for mac.

They do... it's called Windows running in a virtual machine... and it works great! :Big Laugh I use it every day in this configuration. And with VMWare Fusion and Unity mode... I don't even realize I am using Corel inside a VM.