• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colors not matching

Kelsey Adams

I printed a wrap before and the colors came out perfect. See first image below. I am trying to print it out again and not I can’t get the yellows or greys to match. See second picture below. Graphics created in Illustrator and then imported to Flexi. I am at a loss. Wasted so much ink and vinyl trying to fix this. I’ve downloaded profiles from Flexi and also Oracal site and still no luck. Ready to throw in the towel on this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 329
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 278
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 340
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 233

TimToad

Is that as solidly as your printer will print?

Maybe it's the photos, but things seem kind of weak and mottled.

Generally speaking, the gamut on color is wider when printing in RGB, but your equipment, desired output and vibrancy are what should drive which color model to use. We typically use CMYK for most of our prints, but some colors are more accurately reproduced using RGB.

We've also not seen a substantial difference in color fidelity using specific profiles compared to most of the preloaded, non branded ones in VersaWorks.

Kelsey Adams

It prints a lot more solid. I was trying different settings and it printed like that. The graphics that I already applied are completely solid. I have a Mutoh 1204

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
I may not be aiding your current issue here, but we always take a screenshot of color profiles/printer settings for certain prints/customers and save them in the production files for future reference. This may help you in the future.

AdamSok

It prints a lot more solid. I was trying different settings and it printed like that. The graphics that I already applied are completely solid. I have a Mutoh 1204

Can't speak for the Mutoh 1204, but with our HP L365's we are able to recalibrate the colors from the printer control panel and that typically helps get the prints back to where they need to be.

SheBeau

Some research shows that printheads begin to fail and don’t fire at full capacity. Grays are affected most by the light ink printheads. Might be time to change them. Or, ink from a different source can change color.