Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colors off in Flexi only.

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by Signsforwhile, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Signsforwhile

Signsforwhile Very Active Member

Feb 17, 2006
    New York
    Check out the attached image. I've been dealing with this for a long time just never did anything about it. I don't use Flexi for anything but ripping basically, so I just shut my eyes as a file goes through! Colors are consistent between Corel and Photoshop, but a huge difference in Flexi when the same file is opened. The kicker is that the file prints coreclty.

I've dabbled with the monitor settings in Flexi but didn't put a dent in the problem....what's off here?

colors.jpg

Tags:
  2. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

Try turning on or off "Soft Proof" in Flexi.

3. Signsforwhile

Feb 17, 2006
    New York
    Soft proof is off.

4. jayhawksigns

jayhawksigns Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2005
    Kansas
    I'ld just say your Color Settings are off somewhere.

5. Midwest Graphics

Midwest Graphics New Member

Jan 4, 2013
    What version of Flexi are you using? Everything previous to 8.0 is notorious for odd color control. Soft proof on will give you a better match from monitor to print. They changed the color engine to be a little better in newer versions. It's still not completely great. Look into 'setting named colors.' It can be a bit challenging to get that down to a science, but you will nail spot colors if you get good at it.

6. Signsforwhile

Feb 17, 2006
    New York