• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

colors off

I have flexi 8.6 v2. hutoh outdoor 48. When ever i print a photograph it looks dark and red. I can fix the dark but the red just wil not clean up. I dont know how to modify my icc. I am new to solvent printers. I am using 3m controltac vinyl. i have the falconoutdoor flexi orajet 3651 ultra 1x6 720 2.icc as my output profile.
Cound any one help me with modifying my icc or finding a better one?

wedosigns

You are using the wrong color profile! Try looking at some of your suppliers websites for link to profiles for your printer, or mabey the flexi site. The profile should match the material you are printing on.
Good luck

4R Graphics

First off I am not familier with your printer is it a 6 color or 4 color machine if it is a 6 color machine you need a 1X6 profile.

The profile doesnt need to always match the material I use a Oracal profile on an Avery material with great results.

Now with that said I spent some time doing a few different tweeks.

Ok here goes first the profiles you get from others will almost always have issues some are better than others.

Second building a profile is a job in its self to build a good one and in order to even begin you need to have an i1 spectrophotometer or another brand that will work with your rip.

I would go to several manufacturers websites and flexis and try to download a few different profiles for your material or similar (such as Oracal 3951 since its cast and avery 1005 again since its cast material and so is the ij180 by 3M asssuming thats what you ment by controltac) try the different profiles and possibly make a few adjustments in the rip not the profile to see if you can get one tweeked in and working for you.

Also have you checked your alignments and also your linerization if the alignmnt of the heads is off your colors will be off.

If your linerization is high again colors can be off as magenta maybe laying down more ink than the others and there you go to red.

search the forum about linerization in flexi I am sure some one has posted something.

If you can not get anything to work out for you then I would consider building a profile but the i1 spectrophotometer is $1000 brand new and you only really use it to build a profile so rarelly.

Good luck.

It is a 6 color printer.
I mess with till late last night. it is very close now. I still have too much red though. how do i pull out just a little of one color? The hue setting seem to do nothing.