Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colors too dark

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by midnightmadman, Jul 28, 2009.

1. midnightmadman

midnightmadman Active Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Westtown, NY
    I cant seem to get my colors to print bright enough (unless I lighten them way up on screen first)
    When I turn off the color correction everything prints very dark.
    When I check color correction the colors print ok, except yellow is more of a mustard and orange is a little burnt. Also, with color correction checked I have WAY too much ink laying down. So the ink limits don't seem to take effect.

When I dont check color correction my ink limits seem to work (which I have set about 85) but then my colors are too dark....
    What can I do here?
    Im using the oraca 3651 icc.

I am very confused

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    I can't help, but maybe a printing from / RIP / printing to description will help others to solve your problem quicker?

3. midnightmadman

Aug 4, 2008
    Westtown, NY
    Im using Flexi pro 8.1

4. midnightmadman

Aug 4, 2008
    Westtown, NY
    Maybe to clear the question better I would ask,
    is there a way to keep the color correction set on, and keep the ink limits on?

5. Stealth Ryder

Stealth Ryder Very Active Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Texas
    Yes, the profile that you are using.

6. midnightmadman

Aug 4, 2008
    Westtown, NY
    Ok. I'v been experimenting for hours with all the settings and got it pretty much dead on, EXCEPT for the yellow tones. I cant get a dark yellow to come out right. I wants to print orange. If I adjust my hue it throws off the rest which are great.
    Whats the best way to brighten (only) what is supposed to be mustard looking on screen from what is printing as an orange?