• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colors way off SP300i Reds

CentralSigns

I have a corporate client that has a full logo package he had done. For some reason the CMYK color profiles he gave me are way way out. the red I print ifs more tomato then the apple red he had the last printing done in. It's like the difference between the old Avery A9306 compared to A9345.

Any one know what is going on or have ideas to get better color matching. I use CorelDraw X3 and I think the files were designed in CS4. I have never had this drastic a color match problem ever. Aside from using a CMYK chart what can be done ?

chopper

have you profiled the machine?
and the computer etc..
are you new to printing?
you know that the red from the Roland is going to be more of a tomato color not a true apple/blood red right?
//chopper

CentralSigns

I am new since June to printing. I don't really know how to profile a machine or computer. Your right the red is tomato and not a rich blood red. There lies the problem the big commercial printer that did the customers last job had a different process/printer hence different colors.

John printed the versaworks color chart but dont know how to read the color numbers on it as they are not CMYK but C/M/Y/K and PR/ST/DP/DK/DG plus numbers . Is there a way to bring #'s int CorelDraw X# .

CentralSigns

You'll need to import the Roland Versaworks color palette into corel.... let me see if I can find the thread that explains how since I don't remember off hand....

And the letters are referring to the categories PR = pure color DK = dark etc etc.

Okay here's a good thread:

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44113&highlight=roland+color+library

It doesn't explain how to import the palette in Corel however...hopefully someone can chime in.

You can try going to Window/Color Palettes/Open Palette then go to were your Roland program files are and you should find a folder with corel and illustrator palettes. I think there is another step to actually install the palette within Corel but I can't remember now and I don't have it on this computer.

Hope that was somewhat helpful!

I was able to open the palette in Corel and saved it as Versaworks in Pallates. This is helpful for quick reference for sure thanks. Now in Corel I can us a color off this chart and see the CMKYK equivelent. How do I look-up the Verrsaworks chart colour number using a cmyk colour in corel