• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ColorSpan 5400 / Designjet H45500 owners?

Wposters

Thermistors?

Hi everyone, I am in desperate need of a set of thermistors for the HP Designjet 45500. Does anyone have any or know where we could purchase these? HP has them on back order until November 10th and I think they are starting to stop making parts for this machine. I am a little worried we are not going to be able to get a set...

We have had this machine since 2009 and I have lots of knowledge about replacing parts. We would love to share knowledge with you all!

Any info would be much appreciated.

Hoop2125

We might have some used ones in our parts box. We just retired ours a month ago and have an entire 6 color set of unopened ink if anyone is interested, make me an offer. Our retired 35500 had a brand spankin new touchscreen too, it anyone wants to make an offer. I plan on parting it out soon, so don't hesitate or it will end up in the trash.

jafour

Hi all....i purchased this printer (hp 45500) without knowing anything about it (may be a mistake?)
Can someone tell me what RIP to use and does ANYONE at all support these printers anymore???
thanks so much!!!!
:) Julie~

Hoop2125

HP is not producing some vital parts, so I would say it is on it's way out. We used Resource Imaging to service ours (800) 465-5388. Hope you didn't pay much for it.

WinGraphics

Premium Subscriber
I owned the same machine for 5+ years. The only reason it lasted that long was because i had a first rate tech. Their knowledge of the machine and expertise is second to none. They also carry some new and used parts for it. Call Mike at CMS (California Media Services) at 714-522-2204. If i were you i would pay them for phone support.

Good luck.

Russ
Wingraphics

jafour

Hoop:
Thanks for the info!!!! No, we got it for next to nothing and i am interested in printing on coroplast so hopefully
if we can get it fully functional it will be all i need for a while. I have been searching for parts machines and they are even
hard to find.
Thank you again!!!!!!
Julie~

jafour

WinGraphics:
Thank you so much for the contact info!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, i would be happy to pay for his phone support.
My husband is pretty knowledgeable but not with this printer but
should be able to get it purring with your techs help!!!!
Much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Julie~

jafour

hp designjet 45500 printer is throwing a error code-0230e001 the display says this error code indicates "unable to detect media motor ticks" ....also looking in the error code pdf i was able to acquire it tells me the code 0230e001 indicates "the media drive motor encoder is not seeing a change in position" my question is...would anyone know why is it throwing this code?
Ive been looking for a parts manual or service manual for the HP 45000 series but cannot find one. so, my other question is how to get ahold of a service manual? any ideas??? thank you!!! Julie~

abstring

What are you all using for inks? Looks like HP doesn't sell HP 788 ink boxes anymore. Are there other brands that work well? Thanks,
-Andy