• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

colorspan 72 uv printers?

klemgraphics

So say it was flushed properly and setting unused for 6 months. What's it worth?? Keeping in mind that i cannot see a test print until i get it setup at my shop. The only way I will even think of buying it is using an escrow service.

klemgraphics

Here is what the heads look like on the printer in question. Had drips hanging off of them before blotted. Could this be residual ink and flush from shutting it down?

Attachments

• image-2395742965.png
    image-2395742965.png
    850.4 KB · Views: 132
  • image-3028121615.png
    image-3028121615.png
    822.9 KB · Views: 98

artbot

i don't have one of these, have never even seen one in person, but those heads do no appear to be flushed. maybe someone more knowledgeable will chime in. the cyan, magenta, etc. i'd say those heads are toast. they should not have so much ink on the jets.

klemgraphics

artbot said:
i don't have one of these, have never even seen one in person, but those heads do no appear to be flushed. maybe someone more knowledgeable will chime in. the cyan, magenta, etc. i'd say those heads are toast. they should not have so much ink on the jets.

My thoughts exactly, unless someone else chimes in with something else I'm probably going to pass. Kind of took me by surprise when I saw it. One of his employees shut it down, he didn't seem real sure about the shutdown procedure.

artbot

if it was some that cared and they did flush it. they would have looked those heads and been dismayed and bombed the heads with cleaning fluid until there wasn't a trace if ink. any single jet that is permanently clogged is a real issue. they may have run cleaning fluid through it on a budget. ...like, "well we have half a bottle of this stuff. see what that gets us."

Mspec

I know these printers well, if the heads actually still had drips hanging on them the heads are probably in better shape than you think. The fact that the rest of the carriage is so clean indicates that whomever took care of this printer in the past was very good and detailed in the daily cleaning.

This is what I would do - get some Gumout carb and choke cleaner ( in the spray can ) and spray the heads, let it soak about a minute, then wipe off the residue in short strokes, and keep turning to a clean section of your lint free wipe. Then fill the heads with printhead flush through the vacuum tube connectors on head #1 of each color. ( no more than 60ml for each color set ) then reconnect the vacuum lines. Power the unit up with the heads filled with flush. Go into the printhead procedures, and fill all the heads with air. ( empty of the flush )

Next go into the service menu and enable the hidden items ( device test>pod test> UUUU, UDUD, UUDD, UUUD ) that will open the prep for shipping option, this will empty the heads, instruct you to fill them with flush, and it will agitate the heads for a while and dump the flush out. ) I think the procedure goes through twice, but I may not be remembering it perfectly. After that is done, fill the heads with ink, and I would expect you will be in pretty good shape, mostly because the ink on the heads was still wet, and secondly because of the great care that was taken with the regular cleaning of the heads by the last owner.

Good luck.