• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colorspan 72uvr profiler

Skye

Hello,
we just purchased a colorspan 72uvr.
does anyone know how to get around the profiler chip so you can use 3rd party inks?

thanks so much
Skye

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Where did you get a 72UVR that still works?

Ours lasted about 4.5 years -- about 2.5 years more than most, I understand. Its in the back in pieces. Need any parts?

Where did you get a 72UVR that still works?

Ours lasted about 4.5 years -- about 2.5 years more than most, I understand. Its in the back in pieces. Need any parts?

We have two that work fine...... maybe we got lucky. They are temperamental machines, but ours just keep printing and printing, maybe they are too dumb to die.

eye4clr

It's my understanding from speaking with a couple of ink vendors that ColorSpan has the locks down pat. None of them have an effective way to get past the "profiler" chips.

It's my understanding from speaking with a couple of ink vendors that ColorSpan has the locks down pat. None of them have an effective way to get past the "profiler" chips.

I read of one way to use 3rd party inks but it involved adding white space to the end of a print job and to cancel the print when it hits the white space, they said it will not update the profiler of the ink used if you cancel the print before it finishes.

Too much for me to remember all the time, I just use OEM inks on that machine.

KaranGrewal

We have two that work fine...... maybe we got lucky. They are temperamental machines, but ours just keep printing and printing, maybe they are too dumb to die.

+1 . we have both colourspan uvr and uvx 72. run them everday. true work horse. infact once we ran them sraight for 48 hrs on roll to roll. Hp bought colorspan and now they are making billions of dollars.

Alphonso

I'm planning to buy a used fully funtionnal 72UVR, if I understood correctly you'r tellind that these is no more part available for this machine ?.

ElJay

There is VERY LITTLE support for these machines and most techs won't touch them. You're pretty much on your own. We just retired ours last year. I don't miss it.

omgsideburns

Still use OEM inks, so I'm not help.

but.. mine still works. replaced a few parts on it over the years but it's still trucking along. It's a good six or seven years old now, and I'm pretty sure it was a floor model before we got it.

Ditchmiester

I know this thread is a little on the old side but I have a ColorSpan 72UVR that i'm trying to decide what to do with, We bought it used about a year ago and i've kept it up and running but don't print on it because it ended up not being a good fit for our product. I'm trying to decide if I should try and sell it or just call it a boat anchor and put it back into storage. Are there going to be 3rd party inks available after HP stops supporting it?

wunder

I dont now why.....the techs and many other people still revolt the Colorspan Solvent&UV series. Yes there is very tricky to allignment but 16Heads are 16 Heads :rock-n-roll: But is the machine one time Perfekt allignment. is this a great Production Machine and a very Good Working horse :toasting:

I see no other machine with the furture funktions or alternate for.

In Germany we support many Solvent 72s/si up to 98sx and same at UV and all Machines works very very well.
The Biggest Company use 4 Machines and every Day print as minimum one 50meter Rolls different Media still in PRODUCTION MODE. yearly used INK for all 4 ~800-1000Liter so we changed all to 3rd Party ink and Firmware all to SI-ONLY Version.

We have a contract with this company to support 5 Years (up to 2018) the MacDermids for include inks/Profile. (see on my Profile :ROFLMAO:

best regards
wunder