• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ColorSpan 72UVX - What to do with used unit?

hydo1

I have a Colorspan 72UVX that is about 4 years old and has a few issues. We have replaced it and I am now stuck with what to do with it. Is there much of a used market for these? Or does anyone know where I should start? I would assume at this point it is worth more in parts since it has a few issues to get fixed before it can operate at 100% capacity. Any help is appreciated.

cdiesel

I'd probably part it out.. I wonder how many of the parts are interchangeable with the FB950.

A quick google search pulled up a couple printers in the $5k range.

kev324

I believe one of our equipment vendors found a buyer for our 98uvx when we bought the FB950. Somebody wanted something to run roll all the time, wasn't super concerned with quality. I wanna say we got $7-8k for it. It had plenty of new parts in it including the headboard and ran decent for the most part. Still had some issues with the vac system. They didn't want any of the output tables. We heard back that the end buyer was satisfied with it.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
We couldn't sell ours (working) for $1000... so I clean & flushed the heads several times, then disassembled it. took the massive aluminum extrusions home as possible material for a "project" -- I might convert the base into some kind of work table.

I still have parts, though, like a fairly new vacuum pump, the carriage, etc... if anyone is interested.

Drum

Need an encoder strip for 72 UVR

If anyone has this part I would appreciate a call: 901 489-7961.
Thank you.
Drum

David Baggett

We couldn't sell ours (working) for $1000... so I clean & flushed the heads several times, then disassembled it. took the massive aluminum extrusions home as possible material for a "project" -- I might convert the base into some kind of work table.

I still have parts, though, like a fairly new vacuum pump, the carriage, etc... if anyone is interested.

Do have a Trolly Plate for the colorspan 72uvx?

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Do have a Trolly Plate for the colorspan 72uvx?

I have two, but they are spoken for -- (in a fantastic future) my brother and I are going to build a plasma cutting table and that big aluminum extrusion the trolley runs on will be our gantry and the trolley plates will carry the plasma heads...

But you should see my post in your other thread about this...

omgsideburns

These printers are hard to sell nowadays considering the severe reduction in price for equivalent machines with newer tech, and they have a terrible reputation.

If I could get my hands on a parts machine for $1,000 - $2,000 I would jump on it if it was nearby. I like my Colorspan and will definitely keep it running until it becomes cost prohibitive. My problems are really few and far between.

Bootlegsigns

IM parting out this UVR, The ebox is bad. It has a short somewhere and killed the motherboard and power supply in the box.
$2000 no inks
Heads are good

SignKingAZ

Arizona Signs and Signwalkers
I need some parts and service

I could use a new motherboard or at least the chip that tends to fry. No one in Arizona services the 72 UVX or UVR, so I'm shooting in the dark.

Since I am new to this part of the print world, any leads on parts and service would be awesome.

I got this machine from an old friend and should be relatively simple after that. Heads have been cleaned, etc...

Jim 480-228-0309