• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colorspan 98 uvx help please

ksc

Has any one had ink drop out problems.
Seems to be worse on large substrates panels (i have a flooded purple back ground with large text and shadows) large and small areas on the print works fine, thin i get 2-3 in areas end to end of print that shows ink drop out or back ground substrate showing through... colorspans fix has been media feed... (replace Grit rollers, 3x.., Bearings 3-4x Control box 2X, Ribbons and cables 1x., Drive motors 3-4 times, vacuum pump 2-3 x note the only print mode that works fine is back lit or sign white high Quality one directional,,,,some small 2' x 2' prints work some what ok in production mode put not correct....my 1st year warranty runs out the 2nd part of jan 08 colorspan wonts to come again jan 2n 07 and replace control box, replace some repaired grit roller bearings, test etc i think Maybe a ink pump? thy seem to keep going back to media feed.. if it was media feed won't it do it all the way through the print.. line after print line..???

ksc

Finally my lawyer got a response today from hp colorspan they want to give me a new printer in place of the existing 98uvx.....does any one know if hp makes a 8' (non colorspan) hybrid type uv flat bed printer that functions correctly.....????? ideas any one.....???????

ksc

ksc

Finally my lawyer got a response today from hp colorspan they want to give me a new printer in place of the existing 98uvx.....does any one know if hp makes a 8' (non colorspan) hybrid type uv flat bed printer that functions correctly.....????? ideas any one.....???????