• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colorspan 9840

ksc

ksc

The list of Hp/colorspan unhappy users keeps growing and growing an growingI I know of 4 companines who are seeing lawyers looks like maybe more
It sounds like all the lawyers may get together and have a convention....lol

Timer

Help / HP Colorspan 5465

Hi "ksc",

We have found your comment you have written on the forum of sign101, that's why I ask for your help.
My name is Soma Timer from Hungary/Europe and I have got a Colorspan 5465 since 12/2007. The printer has got several problems, it doesn't work at all now. The heads went wrong, the automatic head clearing system doesn't work, the quality of the printing got worse and now it's not useful.
The distributor we have bought the printer don't help for us at all, we also ask for help to a lawyer.
That's why I'm asking your help, how could you persuade HP to give your money back? They want to persuade me buying a Colorspan 9840 for a lot of money, but after this all, I haven't got confidence at all.....

What about your case? Did it end reassuringly?

It would be very nice if you could help me....

Thanks is advance with best wishes,
Soma Timer
from Hungary

AtoZ signs

Hp/colorspan

Anyone Having Issues With A Hp/colorspan Printer Please Contact Me At 504-782-3200. My Lawer Is Looking Into Getting A Class Action Lawsuit Together.

Thanks, Glenn

omgsideburns

Colorspan 72uvr.. only a handful of problems over the course of 3-4 years it's been here. Nothing too crazy (except for frying a board in the UV power supply once). Probably won't stick around here for more than another year or two unless it's just to run banners or something though.

AtoZ signs

Hp/colorspan

I have received several phone calls of unhappy hp/colorspan owners already. I have started a list of unhappy customers with contact information. Anyone wanting to discuss this, feel free to call me at (504)782-3200.
I would be glad to start a confrence call between the unhappy customers to discuss our printer problems.

Thanks, Glenn

AtoZ signs

Hp/colorspan

Thanks for the phone calls. Anyone about to purchase a hp/colorspan printer please contact me at (504)-782-3200. I have compiled a list of hp/colorspan owners and information. These people would love to discuss thier experiences before you purchase a printer. I have a growing list with several different models. So please feel free to contact me and I am sure I have an owner that has had the model you may be looking to purchase.

melphillippi

colorspan disappointments

I am a newcomer to this group. My last call to Colorspan tech support brought about a search for other people stuck with a Colorspan uv machine. HP has decided to stop honoring the original promise of unlimited tech support for all of the "older" machines and is now charging for that service. A pretty hefty fee for a service that has not been that good in the first place.

My 72uvx has developed the nasty habit of stopping in the middle of a print and canceling. To add to the frustration it loses track of how much material has been processed so when running roll stock, you lose count. All you get is the error code 01100006. Previously, tech support told me that it was a data communication error caused by an insecure data wire at the head board. I have not found that to be the case. Glad I didn't pay for that information.

Has anyone else out there had this problem or have possession of technical documentation for this machine other than the original manual.

I'm considering parting out this machine, is anyone interested?

Thanks

mel
360-377-5354

janneremas

error 01100006

The error 01100006 is here in Oslo, Norway as well. Actually the UVX72 (Our version is an Océ7070) has actually been nothing but trouble since april 2006 and there's no way for us to get rid of the troubles. No proffesional help available from Océ (or anyone else for that matter). If anybody out there have a solution to this error I'm willing to pay for it ! A theory of mine is that this printer is extremely sensitive for unstable currents/electricity ?

The printer is of course for sale. It's almost unused, and probably in good shape if you know how to set it up. Any bid would be taken seriously.
Thanks!

melphillippi

Thanks for the feedback janneremas. It is a small comfort to know I am not alone. I would pay to have the problem solved, as well. What are some of the other problems you have experienced?...maybe I can help.

mel

hydo1

I also got a notice e-mailed to me that HP was now going to charge $200 per hour for Tech Support on all "legacy" ColorSpan printers. In my experience I have not talked to a tech there who is worth $200 an hour... sorry HP.

Mspec

That error is a communication error, but there are other things that can cause the issue outside of the loose or worn data cable. if you can run the carriage motion troubleshooter in both slow and fast modes, but have issues only while printing I would look at replacement of those cables. however if the motion tests also fail it is likely an encoder strip or carriage drive motor problem. If the motor is old, take the brushes out of it, and clean out the carbon dust. try to find replacement brushes for that motor on the web and rebuild it. it could also be a dirty or scratched encoder srtip, or loose drive belt. Should be fixable in any case.

melphillippi

error code 01100006

For anyone out there with a colorspan uvr or uvx that is encountering the error code 01100006, I have figured out the problem and can offer advice on correcting it, no charge. It had to do with the encoder strip not being installed correctly. In my case I didn't even have to purchase a new encoder strip from HP. This was a big bonus because as you might know, buying parts from them is a big hassle and are always overpriced.

Shoot me an email mel@mvpposter.com

thanks

mel

wiplash859

HP FB910 User

I am an HP FB910 User (not owner) that has similar tales of frustration. Although...I am not ready to write-off this machine just yet. I have been working with the printer for nearly 3 months now and have had my share of daily headaches.

Some issues have proven to be operator error:
-headstrikes caused by printing on warped MDO
-allowing "purge printhead" service period to expire=unfinished prints
-unknowingly having air compressor shut off leading to unfinished prints

Some issues were solved by visits by our tech:
WARNING! Although excellent, our tech costs $600 for first hour then $200
-Air Pressure Restrictor replaced-causing unfinished prints/wasted sheets
-failure of media gate to close

Unresolved issues:
-Ink Level monitor is completely inaccurate often by as much as 500ml
-Overheating...sometimes only after 2hrs of printing=unfinished prints
-constant UV lamp failure warnings when all lamps are functioning
-A-UV-9 Warning resulting in halted printing (this is occurring almost daily)

Bottom line this is not the greatest printer experience I've had. Some printers just do what they're supposed to like our Roland Soljet XJ-740 or the Mimaki JV-33 that I used to work on. This one is taking some getting used to and has some lingering problems which i have hesitated to call a tech out for given their high rates. Although I'm not ready to recommend that the boss take legal action against HP as others have done, I could see it happening if these problems go unresolved. Let me know if you've had similar experiences/problems. Also...how the heck do you clean ink off of the bed without it taking days!?!? Thanks all

lordmash

Hi all I have got an dyss apollo uv printer which works every day and whilst they do have issues with them once you get to know them and how to maintain them they are a great timesaver and they also save money on materials, the white is a waste of time unless you use it very regularly if you use it infrequently it will clogg up after about a year, you must get a spare pc and have it set up to run the machine because no doubt yours will break down and it will be an engineer job to reinstall the software to run the machine also you will lose all your colour data and profiles.
the main issue with these printers are that there needs to be a forum which invites the owners of these machines in to talk to each other on how best to run them & fix them

I personally think that uv printing is the way forwards but whilst we are subjecting these machines to heat the technology and materials arnt there yet which can cope with them

hope this is usefull
lordmash

kookoo660

I've had one since 12/2006. Feel free to ask questions. We have literally seen nearly every possible problem on this machine, so I can tell you just about anything you want to know =)

Colorspan parts for sale
http://newcastle.craigslist.co.uk/sys/1965012228.html
Manifold Valve Assy

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/sys/1965000141.html
Carriage Belt and Tentioner

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/sys/1935273798.html
Maintenance Station also on Ebay #170534605161

wp013

9840 / fb910

We are also looking into a lawsuit against HP for failure to meet thier obligations concerning thier Service contract and supplying parts. Maybe a class action suit will get some results. Anyone with FB910 or 9840 service contract issues please contact me.