• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colorspan 98UVX Static Issues

VTSigns

I have had a Colorspan 98UVX for about 6 years now. The unit has an anti-static bar but it has stopped working and it costs about 3 grand to replace. For the last year or so we have been using "Static Guard" spray. You can buy this stuff at Walmart as it is intended for clothing. It seems to work really well but it seems to affect the ink adhesion on my substrates. I have been in contact with a guy at stopstatic.com and I have tried just about every product you could image from them with no success. I know that my humidity is not as high as it needs to be. Would getting my humidity within an acceptable ranges make all the difference? Anybody have any ideas?

genericname

A nominal level of humidity will always help.

I don't know much about the Colorspan printers, but could you not just rig up something with some copper wire attached to a grounded piece of the machine?

Rooster

Get the humidity up. I've seen those machines with a kiddie pool underneath them to raise the humidity levels to fight static.

It's hardly an elegant solution, but it works.