• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

colorspan 98uvx ?

froggys

does anyone have experience with the colorspan 98uvx?
i have seen a lot of bad things posted on them but is there anything good to say about them?
i have an opportunity to buy one cheap.
thanks
william

AtoZ signs

Hp/colorspan

I do not have anything good to say about them. If you want to hear about the problems they can give you. I would suggest setting aside some time it might take a while. But Iwould be glad to discuss it with you.

froggys

98 uvx

we looked at the colorspans two years ago when they were new & passed on them because of the problems some were having with them.
but now i found a 72uvx & a 98uvx for a cheap price.
the 98uvx was in service till march but the yellow head was damaged when they flushed the system. i was thinking i could deal with some problems since the price is low enough but if they never worked from new it probally is not worth it.
i have seen some people that have had good things to say about the 72uvr & 72uvx what would be the difference between them & the 98uvx?

we are currently running a roland 545ex but would like to be able to get into to something cheaper to run off full color coro signs

we are also looking into a oce t220 flatbed & a zund 215

i can't see spending $50 - $100 k & have problems with one, at least i wouldn't have to worry about it not making the payments if broke down here or there.

what is you thoughts?

AtoZ signs

Hp/colospan

If I had a dollar for every time my 9840 has broken, I would have alot of money. You can call me at 504-782-3200 to discuss if you have any questions. Last Time I talked to a tech at Hp/colorspan He said we went 9 months one time without coming to your business. I replied back that is because during that nine months the parts had been changed so much you were just sending them and talking us through it. He stated this like I had set some kind of record. Maybe 9 months is the longest they have not visited a business. Like I said it did break down in those 9 months. They just left us on our own to fix it By the way the printer is almost three years old.

Thanks, Glenn

froggys

98uvx

i think we are going with a durst rho 205 or a zund 215
anyone have any thoughts on those machines?
thanks
william