Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

colorspan 98uvx ?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Printers' started by froggys, May 12, 2009.

1. froggys

froggys New Member

May 6, 2009
    does anyone have experience with the colorspan 98uvx?
    i have seen a lot of bad things posted on them but is there anything good to say about them?
    i have an opportunity to buy one cheap.
    thanks
    william

Tags:
  2. AtoZ signs

AtoZ signs New Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Hp/colorspan

I do not have anything good to say about them. If you want to hear about the problems they can give you. I would suggest setting aside some time it might take a while. But Iwould be glad to discuss it with you.

3. froggys

froggys New Member

May 6, 2009
    98 uvx

we looked at the colorspans two years ago when they were new & passed on them because of the problems some were having with them.
    but now i found a 72uvx & a 98uvx for a cheap price.
    the 98uvx was in service till march but the yellow head was damaged when they flushed the system. i was thinking i could deal with some problems since the price is low enough but if they never worked from new it probally is not worth it.
    i have seen some people that have had good things to say about the 72uvr & 72uvx what would be the difference between them & the 98uvx?

we are currently running a roland 545ex but would like to be able to get into to something cheaper to run off full color coro signs

we are also looking into a oce t220 flatbed & a zund 215

i can't see spending $50 - $100 k & have problems with one, at least i wouldn't have to worry about it not making the payments if broke down here or there.

what is you thoughts?

4. AtoZ signs

AtoZ signs New Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Hp/colospan

If I had a dollar for every time my 9840 has broken, I would have alot of money. You can call me at 504-782-3200 to discuss if you have any questions. Last Time I talked to a tech at Hp/colorspan He said we went 9 months one time without coming to your business. I replied back that is because during that nine months the parts had been changed so much you were just sending them and talking us through it. He stated this like I had set some kind of record. Maybe 9 months is the longest they have not visited a business. Like I said it did break down in those 9 months. They just left us on our own to fix it By the way the printer is almost three years old.

Thanks, Glenn

5. froggys

froggys New Member

May 6, 2009
    98uvx

i think we are going with a durst rho 205 or a zund 215
    anyone have any thoughts on those machines?
    thanks
    william