Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Colour Flowing

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Alan Menhennet, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Alan Menhennet

Alan Menhennet Member

Jul 8, 2018
    Johannesburg
    I am printing these Maroon colour prints an the ink seems to flow and create lines. Im sure its a heat issue...
    Im just not sure if I should increase or decrease the heat.

On the ligter shade of red the colours are perfect but on the deeper maroon/dark red im getting lines and even shapes drying.

Its like this on all 3 my printers. Im running 300 meters of these prints and its on 80 micron vinyl.

Running them on 2 x Mimaki CJV's and 1 x "Chinese" printer (DX5 heads)

Heat settings are 36, 38 & 50 °c

I dont really have time to tweak the heat settings to figure out so I was hoping someone could suggest increased or decreased heat... Or perhaps even speed

Im printing on the Avery 1900 profile - 8 pass. Maps slowed down to - 10%

Attached Files:

2. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Merchant Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ
    Wet ink. Turn your heat up possibly and or check your max ink setting within your software.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alan Menhennet

Alan Menhennet Member

Jul 8, 2018
    Johannesburg
    Would you say i should increase the print or pre heat? Because the post is pretty high already

4. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Merchant Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ
    Likely pre heat....media isn't warm enough getting to your print area. If you have a pre & print....bring them up incrementally to test. We used to run into the same problem with our old Vutek solvent printers with pre and print area heat being too low.