• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colour variations on L25500

trickyh78

Hi there,

We have owned an L25500 for the past 12 months and are looking at the upgraded machine as well.

One of the things i have noted on our current machine is colour variations on certain jobs. We have produced wallpaper for a number of our clients using the HP PVC free wallpaper. Most images will have been tiled to produce about 4 or 5 drops. A couple of incidents have meant we have needed to re-print one or more of the drops from the save files on the rip, usually the next day, when this has happened i have noticed that the reprinted drops are of a slightly different shade to the originals, one unfortunately ended up with the client!

Has anyone else experienced this or know of a way to solve it? I was of the understanding that this shouldnt happen and that the HP had an inbuilt spectrophotometer to ensure colour consistency.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Tristan

Desert_Signs

I've found variations in color based on humidity and temperature in the shop. I'm not sure what the "technical" reasons for this are, but I've seen it happen and that's the only variable I can think of.

Dave Rowland

having used the machine only for a few weeks, I have noticed that colour (grays) can be hard to control between jobs, we proofed something to a client only to find I couldn't get that colour back.

Colour changed can be a number of things....
1: Humidty/temps
2: New heads/finer nozzles
3: last alignment (or the drops went out of alignment before)
4: re-linerize not complete correctly.
5: Materials chemistry not a match.

JoshLoring

Ouch. Glad I never went latex. 6 years and I can still match prints from 6 years ago without even priming a color sample. Ahh.

signswi

The on board spectrophotometer is only used for factory calibration essentially. Haven't noticed this issue at all, definitely less variation with our L25500 than we had with our Mimaki JV3.

What rip are you using? Did you just reprint the already ripped file the next day, or did you re-rip it? How controlled is your environment?

I've found variations in color based on humidity and temperature in the shop. I'm not sure what the "technical" reasons for this are, but I've seen it happen and that's the only variable I can think of.

Good post.

Getting back to the original post, I have re-printed panels on the L25500 on the HP PVC-free wallcovering media, and the colors have matched perfectly. Far more consistent in fact than the solvent machines that I've got.

I do monitor and take steps to keep a reasonably stable print environment (for temp and humidity).

E36

Yes, we have been seeing color variation issues as well.
No clues what has went wrong either.

don't own a latex, but i know that temp and humidity in the printer enviroment will and can cause this.

you need to keep the printer enviroment stable in order to acheive consistant color and quality etc