• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Coloured hi tack vinyl (install onto low energy plastic)

Xcesiv

I have a quote to do that i cant find a suitable material for

Customer wants a quote for 4000 and 6000 decals at a time.
Repeat orders every 6 to 8 months.

Adhesion onto low energy plastic

I am not doing the install, just supplying to decals.
The customer wants cad cut decals of the logo to apply onto there product.

Roughly 250mm x 70mm in size.

looking for a hi tack vinyl that is designed to adhere to low energy plastics.
anyone got any advice.

Suggestions i have received so far that may work.
1) laminate a calendared black vinyl onto a digital print high tack vinyl and then cad cut

2) The suppliers can supply a digital print hi tack vinyl. print and lam that and then cad cut.

What are your thoughts.

Xcesiv

i rang around and no one i found sells convex as a coloured vinyl.

only found 1 supplier that sells convex vinyls but all for digital and laminates

Mf

I print some simple decals 2 x 10 for of all things plastic 5 gallon buckets i used some orcal stuff made for low energy plastic lam with 290 my customer paid top dollar we solved a problem they had. my .02

Xcesiv

i have heaps of options using a printable vinyl.

i was seeing if there was a black calendared vinyl with a hi tack adhesive that is available somewhere.

S'N'S

I'm into kayak sea fishing and have about 20 friends with mostly Hobie kayaks that I have slapped cut vinyl stickers on and used Avery 7oo series with no problems. Is that a similar plastic to what you will be doing?

Bly

That's interesting. I just did some kayak decals using Arlon DPF8000 cos I wasn't sure if normal cast would hold on alright.