• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Combination Engraver / Router units.

Hicalibersigns

We are considering buying one of the combination engraver / router units. I realize that any combination of any kind will involve compromises, but we have space limitations and understand the trade offs. Has anyone had any experience with any of these units? Specifically the Vision 2550, or the Gravograph IS7/8000XP. Wouldn't rule out some other manufacturer, but must have rotary engraving spindle and Raster Braille capability. I think Techno has a new unit this size?

limacchina

Hi Calibersigns,

The router is basically a engraver thing, so the question you should ask yourself is , do you prefer faster speed or finest cutting result? Most machines on the market now are with rack and pinion for higher speed though.

eforer

We have a few Multicam CNC machines and use them with the techno braille insertion tool with great success. We do most of the engraving type features we do on our laser cutter. Proper rotary engravers have a "nose cone" which follows the surface of the substrate to compensate for slight variations in material thickness and lack of flatness in the spoilboard underneath. For really good quality rotary engraved results, this feature helps a lot.