• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Combine options question

SirSlarty

This is Flexi 7.6v2

When I weld, two objects together, the option to "Clear Effects" is missing. The option to clear is there for the other combine options.

Also, some ojects don't weld, common or any of the other combine option properly anymore. AT least what I'm not used to. Before this when I used the cut option, the top most object cut out the bottom and the top most disappeared. Now, it cut and both objects remains.

If an option was changed, I have no idea where the heck it is. Under Edit/Preferences/Tools/Combine Options the checks are for checked for "Keep cut object" and "Weld based on color".

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Try unchecking those options. Sounds like somehow they got set to preferences different from what you are used to using.

Graphics2u

Fred's right, uncheck those boxes and the object will be gone after it's cut. Sometimes it's nice to have the object remain depending on what you're doing. Also I've found the if you are trying to cut out several objects at the same time you need to group all the ones you want to cut out. That might apply to son of the other combine options also, not sure.

SirSlarty

That "fixed" it. I dunno how those options got changed, I'm the only one who uses this computer. Confused the heck outta me.

Thank you, gentlemen.