• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Combine several objects then create single cutpath...

Ken

Attached is a boat job I'm working on. I intend to print/cut on a versacamm sp300.
It consists of several elements that each have the cutpath lines around them, and that is fine to show here or mail to my client as a jpeg. But I want it to be just one decal, not layers.
Is it simply a matter of getting rid of the existing cutlines- grouping everything then request a cutpath(contour) around the whole thing?
TIA.
Ken
Oh, I just got the go-ahead on this one.

Attachments

• Half-Baked boat name -logo color cut lines and sun.jpg
    Half-Baked boat name -logo color cut lines and sun.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

Vinylman

Ken:

I work in Illustrator CS, but if I was doing this I would make a duplicate of ALL the artwork. Then select all the elements in the duplicate, "weld" them together. Change the duplicate to outline only {eliminate any color in the middle of the piece you have just welded together}. You can then lay this piece of artwork directly on top of your original, and the duplicate will be your cut line. if you want the original artwork to "bleed" beyond the cut line, you will need to choose the duplicate, and make an "inline" from it of about .01". Don't forget to delete the 1st duplicate if you use the "inline" feature to make your artwork bleed beyond the cut line.

I hope this helps.

Bob C.