Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combine several objects then create single cutpath...

Discussion in 'Corel' started by Ken, May 28, 2007.

1. Ken

Ken Major Contributor

Feb 7, 2005
    BC
    Attached is a boat job I'm working on. I intend to print/cut on a versacamm sp300.
    It consists of several elements that each have the cutpath lines around them, and that is fine to show here or mail to my client as a jpeg. But I want it to be just one decal, not layers.
    Is it simply a matter of getting rid of the existing cutlines- grouping everything then request a cutpath(contour) around the whole thing?
    TIA.
    Ken
    Oh, I just got the go-ahead on this one.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 28, 2007
    Tags:
  2. weaselboogie

weaselboogie Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Us
    What program are you using?

3. Ken

Ken Major Contributor

Feb 7, 2005
    BC
    Corel X3..

Ken

4. Vinylman

Vinylman Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Berlin Center, Ohio
    Ken:

I work in Illustrator CS, but if I was doing this I would make a duplicate of ALL the artwork. Then select all the elements in the duplicate, "weld" them together. Change the duplicate to outline only {eliminate any color in the middle of the piece you have just welded together}. You can then lay this piece of artwork directly on top of your original, and the duplicate will be your cut line. if you want the original artwork to "bleed" beyond the cut line, you will need to choose the duplicate, and make an "inline" from it of about .01". Don't forget to delete the 1st duplicate if you use the "inline" feature to make your artwork bleed beyond the cut line.

I hope this helps.

Bob C.