• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Combo and true flatbed

BCV

We were looking at the hp910 but all the bad coments made about that printer stoped it dead in the water for us.
I have been kicking tyres in the flatbed market for about 4 years and have now got it down to two printers. - GCC Stellar Jet 250 and Teckwin Storm with new roll to roll attachment. (price tag around 200k Aust) I have seen both printer in operation and spoken to owners (more than one) of both printers and all are very happy with there printers and service. I have two solvent printers how - Saiko 64 and Inffinity 2.5m that is getting old and will need replacing in a year or so. Ok the GCC 250 would replace our old solvent Inffinity,But uses and older xaar 500 head with a 30pl dot. The new Te - Storm is higher res with a new xaar 760 head but lacks the width with a bed of 1.2x2.4m and a roll to roll of 1.8m so would not replace our old 2.5 solvent. When it comes to production speed both printer do around 15 -20sm Hour. We are mostly a signage company and do alot large Alu panel signs or what ever you guys call it OS. But When it comes to productivity and production my big question is True flatbed or combo and what is the fastest to load and get printing and your resons why. I would like to hear from people who have have got one of these printers or have Flat and or combo printers. The question is keeping me up at night and i need to but this to Bed.
Experianced printers only, coment please :Australia

redsigns

Ask the salespeople and they will tell you that the hybrid/combo's are a fantastic investment, ask the operators and the story is different.
If you need UV roll then the added versatility is great, but a true workhorse is usually dedicated. That said if colour matching and work flow is important then that could be factor as well. True roll is still best served with solvent or even the new HP with latex is good. We dont have much Teckwin here in Canada but I've heard they are decent.
We have a hybrid and a dedicated flatbed and the flatbed has a slower print speed but produces more 4x8 boards in day then the hybrid because its easier to setup.
good luck...