Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comic Sans

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing, Pricing Etc.' started by Cole Not Cold, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Cole Not Cold

Cole Not Cold Member

Sep 26, 2013
    I have a customer insistent on using Comic Sans.

:banghead:

Tags:
  2. Locals Find!

Locals Find! Very Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers
    So What? :noway:

Collect the check, move on, don't add it to your portfolio.

3. Trip59

Trip59 Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Hesitant to agree, but I've done a number of things that aren't in my portfolio, nor do I acknowledge the existence of. Depends on how big it is... if it's some flyers or a small sign, why not. If it's an entire storefront or shopping center, do something else.

There are hundreds of fonts that are better than that one and the customer would probably like just as much, perhaps toss 10 alternates plus that one in a PDF sample of text and see if they pick a different one. 9 out of 10 times I've had that happen; they've picked a better option I offered, and once or twice, didn't even know it.

4. omgsideburns

omgsideburns Very Active Member

Apr 15, 2008
    go awayyyy with threads like these.

5. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    set it on diamond plate, add a bevel and add a swoosh, then laugh every time you drive by it.

6. LEGEND

LEGEND Member

Most likely they've been using it (and designing it themselves) on emails, letterheads, etc. So they want everything to look similar to their current "look" :covereyes:

7. peavey123

peavey123 Active Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    agreed.

8. InstantOneMedia

InstantOneMedia Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Atlanta
    Our Motto: "The answer's yes, what's the question?"