• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Comments on my new web site please.

Sticker Dude

I like it setup is pretty cool! easy to the eyes
very nice
I can see it might have been a template or something to the ecrater site
was it easy? and how much
Good job

Jon Aston

Well, I love(!) the core concept, and the site looks great.

You need to change your permalinks structure to create more search-friendly page URLs. Look in the "Settings" menu on your Wordpress dashboard.

You should make pages and posts easier for everyone to share, socially - using "Share this", or something similar.

Your copy needs alot of work: partly, I'm guessing, because your ideas are still new and a little fuzzy around the edges. I don't get the 20% thing at all.

More importantly: you have to be careful about talking BS about this being some kind of nationwide craze - give your audience more credit. Don't insult people's intelligence, or they will just leave (click). Rather than tell us, you need to show us. Make and publish some rocking videos of your product having the desired effect... at tailgate party, for example.

I think it would be easier and more effective to simply include the "customize your statement" within each of the product categories. I also think you are going to run into unexpected customer issues if you don't rethink the structure of how people will enter their own phrase. I 'thumbs up'/'thumbs down' [ ]. [ ] IFYOUGAREE.COM.

You should get some legal advice. You need a terms of terms of service agreement, a privacy policy, etc.... and don't assume professional sports franchises (etc) won't come after you for using their trademarked names. They don't need to win a judgement. They've got much deeper pockets than you.

What's your plan for attracting qualified customers to the site?

Best of luck!

skdave

Jon,
Thank you very much for your comments. Monday each of them will be discuss. I plan on spending some big bucks to make this work, not only on the web big heavy advertising on radio and bill boards and ads on the back of over the road trucks...Again thank you and feel free to contact me anytime. Ps the 20% is the commission one earns when we sell the product on our site. The folk that buy the hot works will make a lot of extra cash during the election year, left or right. Thumbs up or down.
Hot words will come from the daily news.
Booster clubs will earn a robust 50% commission as a fund raiser.
Small town politicians that can't buy 1000 car stickers can use this as a fund raiser as well.
Thanks again

Jon Aston

"Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~ Sun Tzu

Dave,

You've got alot of ideas, and alot of excitement and enthusiasm for the project - which is terrific! Just be cautioned that, combined, those things can just as easily be your undoing and downfall.

I would encourage you to think strategically (long term, by definition) and to write a business plan - before you commit any money.

Be crystal clear about your business model: How will you generate revenue, how much, and how much will it cost you to do so? How much profit is there at the end of the day? Keep it simple.

I still don't understand all that commission stuff. I'm not suggesting you shouldn't offer it, but you risk complicating a simple (easy to understand) product... which will hurt sales. I would consider saving those ideas up, and adding them to your offering one-at-a-time, over time. Doing so would give you time to get the ideas right, and gives you a list of reasons to communicate with customers and the media.

I think you're right to focus on becoming a success in your local marketplace, first. But another word of caution: Don't pick radio and billboards (marketing tactics) before knowing who you are targeting, what your what your marketing objectives are, and what your marketing message is. There are other considerations, of course. How much money are you prepared to risk?

If you want to speak, I offer everyone a no charge, no obligation, 90-minute consultation. Please PM me if you want to arrange to speak.

Again,. best of luck!

Craig Sjoquist

I'm not sure, kinda one of the sites I might spend time looking at...IF it really interests me, which this one does not, other then to see if it works, and makes you money, which means you'll put more time into it and I might check to see how you've changed or what.

I be looking at flash installed or taken out, or how you make it more user friendly, those kinda of things