• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Communication skillz...

firefly

Hi everyone, brand newbie here...
Just wondering if anyone out there has had the same problem I'm having, or can offer any help...
I have FlexiSIGN-PRO 7.5 and a Roland GX 24 vinyl cutter. My problem is that the Flexi doesn't want to communicate with the Roland. It thinks it's a printer. I have yet to call technical support. Feeling frustrated!

Thanks for any insight,
Amy

OldPaint

and R.T.F.B would help........tell you how to set up your plotter to computer program..and computer PROGRAM BOOK will tell you how to set up your plotter))))

weaselboogie

CutStudio should come with your cutter. I know that there are plugins for corel and illustrator. Many years ago, you could cut right out of those programs, but this new cutter does not allow that... as far as I know. I do not believe that there is a plugin for flexi, but I imagine you can export as AI and import that into cut studio. Kinda a PITA, but it looks like it will work.
Read your books; they should be able to help you out.

Lunatic Taskbar

Hi Amy and Welcome from Nova Scotia.

If you could give us all a bit more information we would be more likely to know the solution. Did you purchase the software and cutter new? was it used/second hand, if second hand was the cutter seen working. Have you changed any cables if it was working? Has it ever worked for you?

As others have said above setup the cutter. You will need to know if its USB, Parallel, or Serial. Basicaly just read the manual in the help file. If you are still having problems, then please do come back to us with specifics and we will do our best to help you.

D

DARLAK

super1631 - that line is getting soooooo stale - how 'bout we drop it????

firefly - your not offering up enough info.

there are a few ways to hook the plotter up, which way are you trying?

firefly

Ok fellas, thanks for your replies. I'll do more investigating, and refer to the manual, etc.
Super 1631--Sorry for jumping in without the intro...
Weaselboogie-- Great idea, I'll try it
Creative_Lance-- Thanks
Lunatic Taskbar-- As you probably guessed, both used. Newbie mistake (I'm sure I'll make more). Saw the cutter working fine on it's own cutting software- but on a laptop, not a PC. I wish I were more computer literate! But changing cables is an idea- I'll call the Roland company. Thank YOU!!!
DARLAK- thanks

Thanks for everyone's input

Lunatic Taskbar

Hi Firefly, Is it possible to contact the person who sold you this to ascertain what needs to be done for this to be working. It may be a quick fix. and something they are familiar with.

firefly

hey Ian- Not really- The guy I bought the plotter from had it only to cut decals out for his amazing collection of model airplanes (that fly!). Anyway he was really nice- barely used it (on a Mac) and most likely wouldn't know about Flexi.
I have yet to experiment with Corel, but it's next on my list.

By the way-- anyone know how to get in touch with Roland Tech support? I can't seem to find a phone # anywhere??!

Thanks

firefly

THANK YOU!!!
crazy_harry.jpg