Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Company Logo Redesign

Discussion in 'Logo Design' started by nikdoobs, Jul 25, 2013.

1. nikdoobs

nikdoobs Active Member

Jun 4, 2013
    lafayette, la
    I'm working on redesigning our company logo. The top logo is our current logo. The bottom logo is my redesign. I'm trying to incorporate parts of the old logo into the new one. I don't like the generic graph globe on the old logo. Any advice/ feeback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Nick

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay?

Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay? Very Active Member

I really like the new logo. The only thing I notice is that the white grid lines through the gold/orange don't seem to really follow the contour of that shape.

3. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    +1 nice design - just needs some tweaks as far as shape/symmetry

4. nikdoobs

nikdoobs Active Member

Jun 4, 2013
    lafayette, la
    Thanks for the feedback. Something is definitely off with those white lines. I'm having trouble figures out exactly what it is.

5. shoresigns

shoresigns Very Active Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    Needs a better concept than a globe. Another more well-known company already has "Universal" in their name and a globe as their logo.

6. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    Ready for harshness? It sucks. It sucks bad. The colors are horrible, the design of the "U" is not impressive. As far as other entities using universal I wouldnt worry about that. Make it your own, no one OWNS the word Universal

7. nikdoobs

nikdoobs Active Member

Jun 4, 2013
    lafayette, la
    Universal-Logo-on-White.jpg

Universal-Logo-on-Grey-Low_Res-Rectangle.jpg

I agree with you. We have decided to go with this instead. This is our logo on white, and our logo on grey. Clean, and simple. My boss came up with the blue and yellow colors and I was able to talk him out of them. I talked him into navy blue, white and grey. I feel this is much more professional.

8. HDvinyl

HDvinyl Trump 2020

Nov 20, 2008
    halfway house.
    Kerning needs improving.

9. nikdoobs

nikdoobs Active Member

Jun 4, 2013
    lafayette, la
    I'm pretty happy with the kerning, but I'm open for suggestions. How would you improve it? Increase the kerning, or decrease it?

10. Makproductions06

Makproductions06 Member

Aug 20, 2013
    The I.

Something about the I is off to me.... Just seems weird having that "trail" come from where your brain wants the dot.. Have you tried it with the dot?

11. John Butto

John Butto Very Active Member

Jan 9, 2007
    liked the original universe thing

12. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama