• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Company Logo Redesign

nikdoobs

I'm working on redesigning our company logo. The top logo is our current logo. The bottom logo is my redesign. I'm trying to incorporate parts of the old logo into the new one. I don't like the generic graph globe on the old logo. Any advice/ feeback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

Attachments

• universal.jpg
    universal.jpg
    598.8 KB · Views: 104
I really like the new logo. The only thing I notice is that the white grid lines through the gold/orange don't seem to really follow the contour of that shape.

nikdoobs

Thanks for the feedback. Something is definitely off with those white lines. I'm having trouble figures out exactly what it is.

shoresigns

Needs a better concept than a globe. Another more well-known company already has "Universal" in their name and a globe as their logo.

visual800

Ready for harshness? It sucks. It sucks bad. The colors are horrible, the design of the "U" is not impressive. As far as other entities using universal I wouldnt worry about that. Make it your own, no one OWNS the word Universal

nikdoobs

Universal-Logo-on-White.jpg

Universal-Logo-on-Grey-Low_Res-Rectangle.jpg

I agree with you. We have decided to go with this instead. This is our logo on white, and our logo on grey. Clean, and simple. My boss came up with the blue and yellow colors and I was able to talk him out of them. I talked him into navy blue, white and grey. I feel this is much more professional.

nikdoobs

I'm pretty happy with the kerning, but I'm open for suggestions. How would you improve it? Increase the kerning, or decrease it?

Makproductions06

The I.

Something about the I is off to me.... Just seems weird having that "trail" come from where your brain wants the dot.. Have you tried it with the dot?