• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Compatible Mimaki JV5 head

brightbanner

i like vivid color
Mimaki JV5 can not use Epson DX5 head, and OEM JV5 head is expensive.
It is a problem.
But my regular supplier suggest us use compatible JV5 head, it is a modified DX5 head.
I had use it with 2 weeks, everything is well.
Any one here use this head too?

Brent

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Have not tried or seen one but I'm curious to know what they did. For the most part (with the JV33 and CJV machines) the only workaround to a non-oem head has been to use a very early firmware on the machine (this is not an option for the JV5 machines) or to use an intermediate board. However the intermediate boards that I've seen have really only been intended to work around the issue with the later DX5 heads where Epson has crippled them with a maximum print width which will cause Mimaki machines to print but will have an unprinted gap every foot or so. I have considered that one of those intermediate boards might also work around the printer not accepting a non-oem print head.

The OEM Mimaki DX5 heads have a green connector and are marked on the head board IH47V while the general Epson DX5 head always have a black connector and are usually marked IF33V. I think there might be some with other markings now as well since they have ones with the gold Teflon coating, etc. The one with the gold Teflon coating, by the way, is the one we have been running in our JV33 for a few years now with no problems at all. I just cannot upgrade the firmware past 2.40 or the printer will reject the head with a device construction error.

brightbanner

i like vivid color
Compatible JV5 head is modified unlocked DX5 head, inside circuit modify.
Yes, there is IH47V and green connector on OEM JV5 head, but it does not matter.
This head on my printer work well.
And as talking with my supplier, this head is better than OEM head when printing with dye sublimation ink.
Printer head life longer than OEM head life with dye sublimation ink.
The most important is this head price less than half of OEM head offer.
So, i had try it.

For the locked DX5 head, you can work with DX5 head decoder.

When you need use DX5 head with high fireware, can modify a parameter on main board.

Brent

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Do you know which parameter in the firmware that needs to be changed for using a regular DX5 head?

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We always keep 1-2 original Mimaki JV5 printhead in stock. As of today, we have six in stock. Factory OEM from Mimaki.