• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Compatible Print Head VJ1204??

docfear

hi People, has any one used these heads, i'm ready to order one for 570$
they call it a DX5 compatible printhead for VJ1204, i'm in Canada and my supplier wants 1895$ for the original head, i find that toooooo much

please advise

Thank you

Paul:Canada 2:

Robert M

DX5 head

There are quite a few DX5 heads available. They all have different machines they were built for, get the wrong one and the plastic manifold on top will melt from the solvents

docfear

thats what i'm scared of, because the first one a saw, it said Waterbase DX5
then talking to the guy , he told me he had both, Waterbase and Solvent

so how can i be sure ??

thanks

PS

docfear

you are scaring me now, could it really blow my board ?? its just that i cant afford the original at 1895 $ compared to 570$

any one else has tried these compatible heads ???

Thanks

Ps

docfear

its about that i guess in canadian $$, but like i said its to much for me at the moment and the Chinese model is made by Epson and is only 570$ US

Vinylman

I have a question!

If you can't afford to replace serviceable parts on your {or anyone's} $12,000-$25,000 printing machine, how did you get in this business in the first place?

Would you, did you, buy a vehicle to use in your business and then NOT EXPECT to have to do repairs or service on a regular basis?

In MOST cases replacing a print head comes after running thousands of feet of print media through the machine.

Did we forget to sell it with a Profit { I know that is a dirty word to some people} involved in the transaction. That profit should also include a small percentage for overhead and maintenance on the equipment.

docfear

I have a question!

If you can't afford to replace serviceable parts on your {or anyone's} $12,000-$25,000 printing machine, how did you get in this business in the first place?

Would you, did you, buy a vehicle to use in your business and then NOT EXPECT to have to do repairs or service on a regular basis?

In MOST cases replacing a print head comes after running thousands of feet of print media through the machine.

Did we forget to sell it with a Profit { I know that is a dirty word to some people} involved in the transaction. That profit should also include a small percentage for overhead and maintenance on the equipment.

first of all, this is a family business, for the past 30 years and yes i would not mind spending 2000$ on a print head, except we did not use the machine that much (long story..), so i would expect to print much more before i change big parts...so i guess i'm out of luck

thanks for you comment Vinylman