Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compatible profile

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by WestbankKurt, Jun 18, 2012.

1. WestbankKurt

WestbankKurt Member

Jul 1, 2009
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    I am printing on a Mimaki CJV30-160 using Gloss White 4Mil Calendered Arlon, I am looking for a better profile then what I am using right now which is "Avery MPI 2003 EZ Calendered White Vinyl".
    Thank you.

Tags:
  2. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

Not nearly enough information. Need to know specifically what RIP and what version that is, what ink set (SS21, ES3, etc), what ink configuration (dual CMYK, CMYKLcLm, CMYKLcLmWW, etc), what resolution you are wanting, etc. That being said many profiles can be had from the vinyl companies websites like Avery, Arlon, etc.

Aside from that making your own profiles is best but I am guessing you have no colorimeter in which case I'd suggest at least trying other gloss vinyl profiles like 3M 180C, and maybe different resolutions till you find one you like.