• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Compbond ACM Panel... Anyone Familiar? Good? Bad?

player

My local supplier is hawking Compbond. It seems thin and not supper rigid at 3mm thick. Anyone
use this brand? Reviews?

Thanks

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
I use Compbond daily. It's not the best out there by a long shot, and you are correct about it being thin. But what I do like about it is that it is consistent, and typically has smooth, glossy faces. Some of the other brands I've tried over the years are not as flat/smooth of a finish. I use different brands at different times for different uses.

Baz

Not a fan of Compbond.

It is to thin. You can kink it very easily just by handling it.

My local supplier has switched to it because of the Canadian dollar.
My other option right now is Alupanel light and i will be contacting other suppliers to see what they have to offer.

Those panels are starting to get expensive and has me thinking about reverting back to wood (for construction signs anyway).

a77

I agree, too thin and weak.
If you want strength, go with alupanel or dibond.
Compbond looks fine and I use it for sandwich board inserts, the price is right.