• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Completely clear application tape?

dtdm

I have been using only r-tape at60 for the past few years. Experimented with others tapes, however never found anything I preferred more...

Until yesterday. I was talking with a friend and found an old old (7 year) car audio sticker. At first we thought it was a printed black on clear square sticker. However I began to play with it and noticed it was completely clear transfer tape... I have never seen such a thing? I looked through all of my catalogs and came across nothing. Do they still make entirely clear transfer tape? and if so where might I be able to find some?

I have my eye on Preview Plus™ Clear Application.. but want to make sure this is completely clear.

thewvsignguy

I'm pretty sure the at42 is clear but only available in a medium tack. We like the high tack conform r-tape 4075 for just about everything.

dtdm

I'll rephrase.
At first examination it looked like a large piece of square vinyl which had been printed on. I tend to play with everything I come across. So I started to peal it back to see what exactly it was. It was a black die-cut with a clear application tape.

I have used both oracal 651 clear, and orajet 3651 transparent...for printing. However this was a application tape.

Rtape AT-45 (can't find any info)

I still have my eyes on
Preview Plus™ Clear Application
and
TransferRite 1310 Ultra Clear Tape

anyone used either? I am trying to get away from the frostiness of the rtape at-60

jayhawksigns

1310 is about all that we use here for our own application jobs. When we send out a RTA graphic we do that with paper tape for certain reasons.

jayhawksigns

Can't compare to the at60, we don't use any r-tape here, but I guess after its applied to the vinyl it does give it a frosted look.

dtdm

thanks jayhwack... (the at60 is the same)

I am looking for when applied over the die cut vinyl, transfer to be 100% clear