• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Completely missing Magenta ink on a new VS 540i

drkkst

Hi to all of you!

Sorry for my english but I will try to be as clear as I can..
I own the very new VS 540i and I use Marabu DI LS inks in sealed 440ml cartridges.
I have setup the printer from the beggining without white and metallic but only with 2XCMYK.
My problem is that after every day in the morning when I start the printer the nozzles of 2 channels of Magenta are completely missing.
After a medium cleaning all nozzles of Magenta channels are coming back
in excellent contition. The machine prints well and unstopable until the night without problem but the next day the magenta channels are completely missing again..
The other colors are in excelent contidion.
I made a full choke cleaning because I thought the problem comes from air bubbles on the magenta ink lines but with no success. The next morning again the same story.
I also have change the cap top without success.

The only I can suspect is that the magenta ink lines divided into two tubes inside the machine and there are also two pumps for circulation when you setup the machine for white and metallic. But these pumps does not work at all because I setup the machine as 2XCMYK from the begining.
I also have change the cap top without success.

Any help would be appreciated.

VL

Been having the same issue with the light black on our 540i. Today I had the Roland tech over and he replaced the dampers.

drkkst

Please inform me if the problem was solved after the damper replacement.
My machine is very new only 2 months of minimum printing, so the condition of the dampers
should be excelent.
The other problem is that in my machine I have 2XCMYK setup so I believe it is
almost impossible in two different lines to have 2 problematic dampers.
Isn't it?

drkkst

Hi again,
I would like to share the solution to my problem in case some people have the same problem like me and need help.

I completely remove the 2 tubes that pass through the 2 circoulation pumps on magenta lines
and I put them directly to the cartridges and the machine now is printing like a charm the last two weeks.
I hope that this solution can help someone some day in the future...

Greetings to all of you!