• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Compliance Depot for vendor

visual800

We were contacted by a company in Denver that is buying quite a few apartment complexes in our town. They are wanting to redo the logos and rebrand them. We did 1 complex for them, when it came time to start the next complex I get an email from a Stonemark out of Atlanta that actually manages the properties. Stonemark said i need to sign up for compliance depot to handle all COI and vehicle Insurance, it cost me $100 for a year. My first thought was, why?

So, we go to compliance Depot and have our general liability send over to them our COI and then my vehicle agent. I call complaince depot and there are issues with both forms. I contact my people again and have them resent, after this my general liability is fine but vehicle is wrong..WTF!!!

I go to my damn vehicle agent and he calls them and step by step fills out the form, emails it and its done. I call them a few days later and they say there are issues with COI and vehicle. i just hung the phone up contacted Denver Chick and let her know we will not be signing up for Compliance Depot and we will have to fore-go those other complexes and I am very sorry.

in all my years of presenting a COI and vehicle liability insurance have I had issues like this. I hot the web and found this....https://reviews.birdeye.com/compliance-depot-llc-145516201247131

Glad to know I wasnt the only one, the first one was a review left by me, have any of you ran across this company

equippaint

Im usually pretty accommodating but would take the same stance as you here. Follow the link from the other review there. Everyone says the same thing and sounds like theres some other questionable and borderline scammy stuff that company’s doing.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We recently bid a job and won, then after it was awarded they asked for us to use their service to maintain insurance similar to yours. They also required us to schedule time for their safety and hr directors to go through all of our policies and workplace safety forms and protocols. We called our contact from the bid and politely retracted our awarded bid, they got frustrated because the last 2 times they went out for bid on this project they had the same result. I explained to them the bid value isn't worth the frustration.

We have three large customers using compliance Depot, I asked a few local partner companies and all have said the same, we mark up our quotes to customers by 10-20% for the time of working with compliance Depot (especially if they use CD for their accounting system).

Compliance Depot a perfect example of bureaucracy making work more difficult and more expensive than it needs to be.

unclebun

Compliance Depot is actually a scam that markets itself to real estate/property managers as a valuable service. Check their BBB page.

FASTSIGNS

I had to chime in also. Compliance Depot and Notivus (the same company call center). I know this because my rep answered her phone with the other company name. Either company is incompetent! Anywho, they would not accept my 3 COI's. Said it had to all be on one form. Well, I have 3 separate insurance companies, each completing their correct COI. We do not have a broker. CD could not understand this and actually instructed me to cancel my Umbrella and add that coverage to the Liability Ins Co. I laughed and laughed and asked to speak with the supervisor blah blah blah. On another instance, we exceeded the coverage that the client was requesting. CD instructed us to lower our coverage and resend the COI. Each case I got our client involved and they handled (most likely overrode) CD to get us approved and paid. Once, I kept the CD rep on the phone for 2 hours (please hold, spell again?, what line? what covereage? etc). I was pissed and new the call center line was screaming RED. (ok, I admit that was a bit childish of me). Also, the $99? Our clients always pay that for us. We turn down any work that requires us to work with CD and we always let our customer know the reason why. Sometimes, the clients give us a work around, sometimes they go elsewhere.

fresh

I've never heard of this organization, but thanks for the heads up if someone mentions it in the future!

letterman7

Yep, I had to deal with CD years ago with a customer that was a property manager. After trying to jump through the hoops and realizing it was a huge scam, I called the customer's boss and cut out the middle man - supplied the credentials directly to their company as it should have been to begin with.