• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Compress iUV-1200s flatbed printer problem

Santimus

Does anybody have experience with this machine? I did a manual printhead flush with flushing solution to clear some nozzles. Afterward yellow refused to print. I though I might have gotten some air in the line so I flushed the line too and refilled with ink. Still nothing. I changed the Dampener out with a fresh one, filled with ink and popped it in. Still nothing. I'm stumped. Any help or maybe point me to a forum dedicated these printers? TIA

Santimus

Just in case anybody else has the same problem with their dx5 printhead it was an FFC cable that was damaged. A quick replace and it was fixed.

TomNJ

Does anybody have experience with this machine? I did a manual printhead flush with flushing solution to clear some nozzles. Afterward yellow refused to print. I though I might have gotten some air in the line so I flushed the line too and refilled with ink. Still nothing. I changed the Dampener out with a fresh one, filled with ink and popped it in. Still nothing. I'm stumped. Any help or maybe point me to a forum dedicated these printers? TIA

Hi, How doe you like the Compress printer? I was considering one but there is not much owner info out there. Thanks!

Santimus

Hi, How doe you like the Compress printer? I was considering one but there is not much owner info out there. Thanks!

Hi! Sorry for the late response. Its OK. Support has been a nightmare but it is relatively easy to fix print issues by yourself if you have prior experience with the DX5 printheads. Again, tech support is bad. They just blame everything on the software. Its not the software its the printer.

Jcyt

I am owner of Compress IUV 600s , i am based in Malaysia. My advise to all the printers that need to buy UV flatbed printer, DO NOT PURCHASE the COMPRESS IUV 600 or 1200. It is highly unstable, high maintenance cost and totally not worth at all. My dealer in Malaysia (TRUF Sdn Bhd) doesnt even know how to fix the machines. Just got my printhead replace 3 month ago , and print for a while, then the magenta print out Cyan . They tell me need to change the printhead, it was like just 3 month and the printhead have no warranty at all. I totally not recommended this machine. It better to go for Roland or Mutoh for better stability and low maintenance cost. I already send Compress.net messages regarding all these problem. They choose to remain silent about this. The machine in my office now is like white elephant.

Attachments

• IMG_9834.jpg
    IMG_9834.jpg
    458.1 KB · Views: 697
  • IMG_9835.jpg
    IMG_9835.jpg
    552.8 KB · Views: 698
  • IMG_9877.jpg
    IMG_9877.jpg
    563.5 KB · Views: 727
  • IMG_9878.jpg
    IMG_9878.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 714

FRVS

Much like JCYT, I would not recommend this printer. We bought it from the original retailer in the US (we bought his demo model). Service it terrible. That vendor went out of business, and now Coldesi seems to be the ONLY source of support in the US. Parts are very expensive.

Our printer limped along for 2 years, on and off printing decently, but never 100% as it should. Currently, it is sitting unused because a 2 colors won't print. I have changed out the cable as was recommended at the beginning of this thread, but am still not getting all colors to print.

Having only one source for getting support leaves you wide open to paying a lot more than you should have to. The main company provides NOTHING (just a pointer to Coldesi).

It's a fun printer when it works, just don't count on that being as often as you'd like! Find a printer with several local sources for purchase and support.

Jcyt

FRVS, yeap, the problem still lies until now, the Australia counterpart was in Malaysia having the Printing Fair, i gone and meet them up, tell me this and that, like asking me to treat the machine like a princess, must make sure everything is like working in extreme clean labatory, cant even have dust on it , this and that , promise me to replace printhead and whatever that need to be done to make sure the printer works, but in the end, all is just empty promises and nothing have been done, been months and still calculating. I wonder how they really can into this kind of printing business when they dont even know what is servicing means?

marunr

Hi! Sorry for the late response. Its OK. Support has been a nightmare but it is relatively easy to fix print issues by yourself if you have prior experience with the DX5 printheads. Again, tech support is bad. They just blame everything on the software. Its not the software its the printer.
Hi all. Like some of you we purchased our machine from the people in California who provided almost no support. We had problems from the start and it didn't help that the tech they sent to train us was seeing the machine for the first time!Anyway, after a year's worth of problems we were able to use Coldesi, but we are on the 3rd head in 2 years and this one is not printing correctly either. They are ridiculously expensive and I am diligent at cleaning and service, to the point of spending as much time on that as in actual printing. Not a good machine in my opinion.
My question is about the DX5 head? Can I buy one from anywhere and use it as long as it is unlocked and has the green cable bracket? The price from Coldesi is double what I can get from someone else. This is our first digital printer.

TomNJ

That's too bad and I'm sorry to hear about your problems. I've moved on and no longer considering that machine. I find it very odd that they do not attend any trade shows. They claim it's to save money and pass that savings onto the consumer. I say that's BS, they don't want you to see the machine up close and personal and I doubt they could keep it running for 8 hours a day for several days. Save up your money and buy a name brand with support behind it.

marunr

That's too bad and I'm sorry to hear about your problems. I've moved on and no longer considering that machine. I find it very odd that they do not attend any trade shows. They claim it's to save money and pass that savings onto the consumer. I say that's BS, they don't want you to see the machine up close and personal and I doubt they could keep it running for 8 hours a day for several days. Save up your money and buy a name brand with support behind it.
Thank you. We are planning on buying another machine, but it seems that choices are limited in small format flat bed printers. I've just started researching again. In the meantime I need to get this one printing better so I need to find a cheaper replacement head, if I can, to last us for a couple of months while we arrange to replace the machine.

TomNJ

Good luck. Mimaki is a good choice, they have small as well as large and a great sales and support network. DCS is another good choice. I'm seeing a lot of LogoJet presence out there recently. Not sure if they have a good machine or a Franken Printer. Mimaki is running some year end deals across their line and 2 of the smaller "desktop" UV's are included. Anything is going to be more expensive than the Compress, at least in initial outlay. This is how they get you. Better off spending the money upfront on a reputable brand and not get lured in on price. You'll make up the difference in headaches, downtime and repair costs in no time.

Don at ColDesi

Hi, my name is Don Copeland and I am the product manager for the Compress UV printers at ColDesi, Inc. in Tampa, FL. We became the exclusive distributor of the Compress printers here in N. America about 2 years ago. We understand that there are some disgruntled customers with the Compress printers that they purchased from the previous distributor for N. America - Graphics One. We will do our best to help you with your printers within our ability (we use a different RIP and inks than G.O.). Please feel free to reach out to me - dcopeland@coldesi.com - if you have an issue that I may be able to help you with.

KRS

So sorry to see this, I have been looking at the 1200. I wanted the large format but not with the issues I see here. Thanks for the advice.

Ripples

FRVS, yeap, the problem still lies until now, the Australia counterpart was in Malaysia having the Printing Fair, i gone and meet them up, tell me this and that, like asking me to treat the machine like a princess, must make sure everything is like working in extreme clean labatory, cant even have dust on it , this and that , promise me to replace printhead and whatever that need to be done to make sure the printer works, but in the end, all is just empty promises and nothing have been done, been months and still calculating. I wonder how they really can into this kind of printing business when they dont even know what is servicing means?

Hi - sorry for bumping an old thread,but I discovered this forum because I've been having multiple issues with the Compress UV 600. Just over a year old, and despite the utmost care,the expensive heads have been replaced twice and the white still doesnt print properly. I'm wondering if you or other Compress users have found other UV inks to better than the Compress brand? Constant cleaning and ink charges to clear the heads, have made the ink far more costly than the machine salesman indicated. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Ripples

Hi, my name is Don Copeland and I am the product manager for the Compress UV printers at ColDesi, Inc. in Tampa, FL. We became the exclusive distributor of the Compress printers here in N. America about 2 years ago. We understand that there are some disgruntled customers with the Compress printers that they purchased from the previous distributor for N. America - Graphics One. We will do our best to help you with your printers within our ability (we use a different RIP and inks than G.O.). Please feel free to reach out to me - dcopeland@coldesi.com - if you have an issue that I may be able to help you with.

Ive emailed you Don. Regards Natasha Watson

elegant

hi all, looking into a larger format printer, any update on the Compress UV machine quality, maintenance and support?

Mark Fisher

Personally, after having owned a Compress UV printer for 8 months, I would not purchase another one. Stick with a name brand so you don't have to be losing money on having a machine that underperforms. I am having a lot of trouble with the adhesion and some of my yard signs were deteriorating within weeks. Still not fixed and I have to pay to have it shipped back so they can look at my lemon. Now I need to change the $3k printhead.
Anyone know of another machine that can print on 6.5" diameter water bottles with a rotary? That's the reason I bought a Compress.

FloraUSA

Master Distributor of Flora UV Printers in the US
Good luck. Mimaki is a good choice, they have small as well as large and a great sales and support network. DCS is another good choice. I'm seeing a lot of LogoJet presence out there recently. Not sure if they have a good machine or a Franken Printer. Mimaki is running some year end deals across their line and 2 of the smaller "desktop" UV's are included. Anything is going to be more expensive than the Compress, at least in initial outlay. This is how they get you. Better off spending the money upfront on a reputable brand and not get lured in on price. You'll make up the difference in headaches, downtime and repair costs in no time.
Tom

I am not sure if you are the same person I was speaking too a couple of years ago about a Flora printer. If you are you mentioned the 4x8 format was too large for you. Well we have a new 24"x36' printer with a 19" Z axis . It comes with Epson print heads and has 8 color (C+M+Y+K+LC+LM+W). We are receiving our first printer in with our next Flora shipment on or about the third week in January. We will have more information posted online about this in the coming weeks. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Thank You

Dave Philipps

FLORA USA - AMERICAN PRINTING SYSTEMS, LLC.

105 W, Dewey Ave, Building C Suite 17

Wharton, NJ 07885

862-437-1457 x112

www.floraUSA.net