Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compress iUV-1200s flatbed printer problem

Discussion in 'Flatbed Printers' started by SoCal, Apr 19, 2018.

1. SoCal

SoCal Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Montclair, CA
    Does anybody have experience with this machine? I did a manual printhead flush with flushing solution to clear some nozzles. Afterward yellow refused to print. I though I might have gotten some air in the line so I flushed the line too and refilled with ink. Still nothing. I changed the Dampener out with a fresh one, filled with ink and popped it in. Still nothing. I'm stumped. Any help or maybe point me to a forum dedicated these printers? TIA

Tags:
  2. SoCal

SoCal Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Montclair, CA
    Just in case anybody else has the same problem with their dx5 printhead it was an FFC cable that was damaged. A quick replace and it was fixed.

3. TomNJ

TomNJ Member

Apr 11, 2017
    NJ

Hi, How doe you like the Compress printer? I was considering one but there is not much owner info out there. Thanks!

4. SoCal

SoCal Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Montclair, CA
    Hi! Sorry for the late response. Its OK. Support has been a nightmare but it is relatively easy to fix print issues by yourself if you have prior experience with the DX5 printheads. Again, tech support is bad. They just blame everything on the software. Its not the software its the printer.

5. Jcyt

Jcyt New Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Malaysia
    I am owner of Compress IUV 600s , i am based in Malaysia. My advise to all the printers that need to buy UV flatbed printer, DO NOT PURCHASE the COMPRESS IUV 600 or 1200. It is highly unstable, high maintenance cost and totally not worth at all. My dealer in Malaysia (TRUF Sdn Bhd) doesnt even know how to fix the machines. Just got my printhead replace 3 month ago , and print for a while, then the magenta print out Cyan . They tell me need to change the printhead, it was like just 3 month and the printhead have no warranty at all. I totally not recommended this machine. It better to go for Roland or Mutoh for better stability and low maintenance cost. I already send Compress.net messages regarding all these problem. They choose to remain silent about this. The machine in my office now is like white elephant.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 1
  6. FRVS

FRVS New Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Boulder, CO
    Much like JCYT, I would not recommend this printer. We bought it from the original retailer in the US (we bought his demo model). Service it terrible. That vendor went out of business, and now Coldesi seems to be the ONLY source of support in the US. Parts are very expensive.

Our printer limped along for 2 years, on and off printing decently, but never 100% as it should. Currently, it is sitting unused because a 2 colors won't print. I have changed out the cable as was recommended at the beginning of this thread, but am still not getting all colors to print.

Having only one source for getting support leaves you wide open to paying a lot more than you should have to. The main company provides NOTHING (just a pointer to Coldesi).

It's a fun printer when it works, just don't count on that being as often as you'd like! Find a printer with several local sources for purchase and support.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Jcyt

Jcyt New Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Malaysia
    FRVS, yeap, the problem still lies until now, the Australia counterpart was in Malaysia having the Printing Fair, i gone and meet them up, tell me this and that, like asking me to treat the machine like a princess, must make sure everything is like working in extreme clean labatory, cant even have dust on it , this and that , promise me to replace printhead and whatever that need to be done to make sure the printer works, but in the end, all is just empty promises and nothing have been done, been months and still calculating. I wonder how they really can into this kind of printing business when they dont even know what is servicing means?