• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

computer acting up !!!!!

danger

Evey thing seems to be working fine for a few hours but after that it starts running real choppy(mouse very slow movement and videos act up ect.) i restart and its fine for another few hours ect
i have avg running and also ran a spy checker and every thing seems to be ok if you have any idea please let me know thanks in advance

tanneji

when it starts doing that, ctrl-alt-del (Task Manager) and check under the processes tab. See what is taking up the most RAM, CPU, etc. That should help you fine tune and figure out the culprit.

SignBurst PCs

when it starts doing that, ctrl-alt-del (Task Manager) and check under the processes tab. See what is taking up the most RAM, CPU, etc. That should help you fine tune and figure out the culprit.

That is a great place to start. There are a few hardware/driver issues that could cause similar issues as well, but since it is running fine for a few hours after startup, those are less likely, but still possible.

Dice

Do you have an Anti-Virus Installed. I recommend Kaspersky, if there is anything shady on your computer it will find it, even spy ware.

http://www.kaspersky.com/ Download and install the trial.

Would be issues with your video card as well, or the machine is overheating. Open it up and make sure the fans arn't filled with dust. Buy a can of compressed air, take it out side and have fun with the air can.

G-Artist

I had that issue some time back and it was a flaky power supply.

Could be "dirty" power as well.

All my computers as well as plotters, etc. use a suitable UPS for line conditioning.

Cheap investment as I live in the lightening capital of the world.