• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Computer build or buy

klingsdesigns

Right now I am running windows 7 on 8gig memory and 1T hard drive(half used up). Processor is a intel i5 2300 2.8.
We are doing more and more wraps and my computer is taking too long to process things. I dont have time to wait for it.

I am in need of either building 2 desktops or one now and one later.
I wouldn't be opposed of buying one built but I cant afford $2500 one right now.
I am also looking to run 2-3 monitors to each desktop

I have built them before. I am not really up on the technology like I used to or know what kind of motherboard i would need.

I am looking for
16-32 gig ram DDR4
I7 6700 4.0
Not sure on graphics card something that can do 2-3 monitors.
ssd 250-500 for software and windows 7
ssd 500-1000 for data
Motherboard - not a clue need enough usb slots
case something that is quiet and breaths good
disk drive
600 plus watt power

If you can steer me in the right direction of a good quality built one or help on motherboard and video card would be greatly appreciated.

rjssigns

We've had a couple built locally. Three year no question warranty with new builds. And should we need repair the shop is 15 minutes away.

OldPaint

the technology is pertty well the same as it was years ago..... but many of the properties of components have changed.
SSD HARD DRIVES
SATA instead of the old wide cables.
RAM has become affordable.
PROCESSORS have become many instead of just 1.
COOLING is higher priority in todays computers.
COST of these have come way down.
BUYING AN OFF THE SHELF.......you get what you see.
BUILDING it........you can do better if you will be adding other equipment to run off it.
MY WIFES computer....$200 E-MACHINE(athalon 2.1 gig) now 6-7 years old. has nothing more added then a scanner, printer, mic, camera. 1 hard drive. 1 cd/dvd reader/writer. came with a 160 gig SATA drive. 1 gig ram.
i have upgraded it to a 2 MEGS A RAM, 250GIG SSD........added a 1TB external backup drive, she does a lot of 16-18 meg camera........and it serves her well.
MY COMPUTER(i built it)AMD QUAD CORE 2.8 GIG, 4 gigs ram, 1 gig AMD GRAPHICS CARD. m/b has 6-8 SATA PORTS, 250 GIG SSD main h/d, 2nd hard drive 200 gig IDE and i have an external hard drive for my other IDE hard drive(8-10)that i can interchange. it serves me well & has since i built it 5-6 years ago))))

oksigns

We build our own production computers that either have the Quadro k620 or Geforce 770's running dual monitor with either 16gb or 32gb configurations. We still rely mostly on Sata III drives, but our scratch drives are all SSDs.

If you have the capacity to stay on top of your own hardware(we are small scale), then it may seem like a no-brainer as there are more software issues than hardware as it seems.

Right now is a great time to buy hardware. AMD will cycle in to their new Zen CPU's by Q4, allowing deep discounts on existing processors. Skylake just came out from Intel, but you can still scramble to find good deals there. Nvidia and AMD are about to cycle over to newer GPU chipsets. You can make like... $1200 work for you if you plan ahead.