• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Computer Cooling

zmatalucci

So my computer tower has always been out in the open. But since buying a new desk, I have it stored inside a cubby hole that is made to hold it. I have recently noticed that it is pretty damn warm in there, and was wondering if there is a fan that I can mount into the desk.By that I mean cutting a hole in the desk, and adding a fan. Now I know this could easily be done, but I'm going for a clean install-look.
Any suggestions?
Here's what I'm working with.

Attachments

• 1201081525.jpg
    1201081525.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 1201081524.jpg
    1201081524.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 77

binki

I just took the side panels off of mine and it keeps pretty cool. Maybe a fan out the back of the desk?

TheSnowman

We had this same problem @ our church w/ our A/V stuff going in a desk we built. Exact same problem w/ the computer. We solved the problem in one area by putting a mesh on the front of it, and a couple ports in the side and back w/ a trimmed out little fan that mounts and plugs in. Really slick. I'll see if I can find out where the guy got the parts. I know it was an easy fix.