Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer Cooling

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by zmatalucci, Dec 1, 2008.

1. zmatalucci

zmatalucci Very Active Member

So my computer tower has always been out in the open. But since buying a new desk, I have it stored inside a cubby hole that is made to hold it. I have recently noticed that it is pretty damn warm in there, and was wondering if there is a fan that I can mount into the desk.By that I mean cutting a hole in the desk, and adding a fan. Now I know this could easily be done, but I'm going for a clean install-look.
    Any suggestions?
    Here's what I'm working with.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. binki

binki Premium Subscriber

Jul 23, 2007
    The PRC
    I just took the side panels off of mine and it keeps pretty cool. Maybe a fan out the back of the desk?

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    We had this same problem @ our church w/ our A/V stuff going in a desk we built. Exact same problem w/ the computer. We solved the problem in one area by putting a mesh on the front of it, and a couple ports in the side and back w/ a trimmed out little fan that mounts and plugs in. Really slick. I'll see if I can find out where the guy got the parts. I know it was an easy fix.

4. zmatalucci

zmatalucci Very Active Member

I would appreciate it!