• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Computer crashed. Can't make my 26500 print again. Help!

Quark

Merchant Member
Hi guys. Computer crashed and I had to reinstall my flexi 10.5 again. Downloaded 26500 61 inch profiles from SAI website. After software reinstall I can't make my printer print black color. It comes out washed off, too light, and the ink does not cover material well. Nothing changed on my end - same printer, same matte advantage banner material, attempting to use same canned flexi profile as before (front lit banner 10 pass). Even going to 12 pass won't improve printing much - black is still graish and ink won't cover material texture as well as before. I'm sure it has something to do with reinstall / profiles as that's the only thing changed. I also noticed my flexi had canned zeelon and key banner profiles before but the fresh reinstall did not include this profile. Also curious if you download hp 26500 61 inch profiles from SAI website they come in a folder named "hp 25500"... I need to print and can't make simple software to work. Please help!

TheDude

forewarning: I am very new myself to these types of machines and my ideas may be completely wrong

OK so sounds like your not getting ink. In the research I have done solvent printers commonly have head clog issues. This is a latex not solvent. Its heat activated as I remember? Is it possible the head somehow clogged (maybe overheat when power unexpectedly went out with ink in the nozzle)? Does your printer have a cleaning mode, or anything you can wipe the nozzles with?

If its not that then profile sounds like the right starting place. As you stated yourself; your printing on banner material but don't have the right profile loaded.

Good luck!