• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Computer Mouse Help ? ? ?

Replicator

We bought several NEW computers recently, and I'm having a mouse issue.

Never had it before, same mouse . . . Logitech Cordless Optical.

About once an hour the mouse starts to respond slow and jerky, I've got NEW batteries in it now.

When it happens, I noticed when I got mad and smacked the mouse down on the table,

It popped up a screen saying your mouse has now changed to channel 01, and then it seems to work fine for another hour or so !

Goes between channel 01 and 02 when smacked around a bit.

First off . . . Never seen the channel screen before.

Secondly, proper drivers are installed and working correctly . . .

WTF?

Anybody have any idea's ? ? ?

SignBurst PCs

slow and jerky....

Batteries would have been my first guess.

Hmmm, try putting a dull (matte), dark surface under the mouse (since it is an "optical" mouse). Also, try moving it closer to the "receiver" and see if either helps.

Slamming it usually isn't in the troubleshooting manual:doh:.

JK

ndemond

Watch the (light on the USB) when it gets slow and jerky. If its blinking something is in the way. (It is usually my leg) When the light burns steady you should be good to go. Till I figured this out slamming it was my only other option.

Nancy

SignBurst PCs

how about unplugging it from the computer (if it is usb) and then plug it back into a different USB port. The OS will recognize it as new hardware and will "install" it again. This sometimes fixes little "quirks".

Replicator

Did you try the reset buttons on each?

have reset both several times . . . !

Watch the (light on the USB) when it gets slow and jerky. If its blinking something is in the way. (It is usually my leg) When the light burns steady you should be good to go. Till I figured this out slamming it was my only other option.

Nancy

It's a stand up work station, no seats . . . Nothing blocking signal between mouse and usb device . . . !

Replicator

how about unplugging it from the computer (if it is usb) and then plug it back into a different USB port. The OS will recognize it as new hardware and will "install" it again. This sometimes fixes little "quirks".

I will try that right now, haven't done that yet :banghead:

slappy

do yourself a favor and call logitech. I sent in two of my "mice" if that is correct way to put it, and they sent me one that was worth both, i know cause i picked it out will talking to him on the phone staring at all they have to offer. No receipt was necessary, just the serial numbers off the mice. Just tell them it is less then a year old...

Anybody have any idea's ? ? ?

Yeah - Take it back and get the rechargeable version. I used to go through batteries like crazy, and even worse with the older Microsoft mouse. I have been using the Logitech MX Laser (rechargeable) and I am extremely happy with it.

SignBurst PCs

Switch it out with a mouse at a different workstation. If it is a problem at the other system too, maybe it is just time for a new mouse?

BTW, anything interfering with the light on the underside of the mouse? Lint, dust, etc?

Replicator

I've always had issues with rechargeable laser mouse . . .

It seems OK now in another usb slot . . . I'll update later whether or not that was a permanent fix !

choucove

We have had issues before sometimes where a USB keyboard or USB mouse when plugged into a certain USB port on the dell machines used in our labs at the university that they will sometimes, at random, begin to not respond or take incredibly long to communicate with the computer. Granted, these were still wired mice and keyboards, but it was still very finicky. We ended up finding that there was one specific USB port that would always work for the keyboard and one specific port that would always work for the mouse. May not be what you are experiencing, but that sounds similar to what we went through.

P

ProWraps™

man ive had logitech mice here and there for about 15 years. in all honesty i went back to the corded versions. i got tired of switching batteries and the mixed results of a wireless mouse/keyboard. it was the only predictable and guaranteed outcome.

Ken1f

I had the same problem with mine. When I plugged my wired mouse into another USB port to fininsh what I was working on I noticed that the wireless began working again. This happened a couple times so now I just leave the wired mouse plugged in but use the wireless....go figure.

R08

Attachments

• 1506_1_0.jpg
    1506_1_0.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 64

Replicator

I forgot to repost an update to the mouse dilemma I was having !

Per the advice of several members here, I unplugged the usb stick for the mouse and plugged it into another usb slot.

Mouse then worked perfectly again . . . Happy Endings all over !