• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Computer Parameters

SKADSIGNS

I am looking to buy a computer for my shop however I cannot find any "parameters" for FlexiPro8.5. I have seen on here not to get Windows Vista but what else do I need to look for? Would a lap top be better than a desk top model? I would think a lap top would be good for field work and meeting with customers. Any help would be appreciated.

sign&frame

I would recommend something with atleast a dual processor I personally use quad but basing on if you want in laptop
around 2.66 mhz or higher with atleast 2 gig hard drive and 500 gig hard drive dvd rw is hand to

Flame

I would recommend something with atleast a dual processor I personally use quad but basing on if you want in laptop
around 2.66 mhz or higher with atleast 2 gig hard drive and 500 gig hard drive dvd rw is hand to

I read this 3 times and still don't totally get it. Sign&Fame............ ENGLISH PLEASE!!!

I would suggest a desktop for a variety of reasons. Upgradeable, easy to work on and more power for less money........are only some of the reasons to go the desktop route.

Are you printing or just cut vinyl? Print files are MUCH larger than just cut graphics.

sign&frame

Lol sorry Flame here we go again ha
If you are thinking of a laptop go with the following:

2.66ghz or higher
2 gig ram
500 gig hard drive
dvd-rw drive
with atleast 17" high resolution screen

But like Flame said a tower is a better way to go and if you want awesome one there is a Merchant here that makes special rip towers
I think its color burst or something but it is under the Merchant directory

eforer

Quad cores are only really beneficial if you rip multiple jobs simultaneously. Flexi does not SMP individual RIP jobs, so an individual job will only use 1 core. Also, keep in mind that real world benefits from a couple of hundred mhz on a cpu are pretty small. IMO, the best deal going on a chip is an E6750. Also, the Intel based chipsets are the best (shockingly) so try to stick with those too.

Windows XP, and all 32 bit os' can only address 4gb of memory, so no more than that. Most of the time, windows will only report 3gb, but it uses all 4. Its default split is 2gb for kernel, 2gb for everything else.