• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Computer Upgrade suggestions

brycesteiner

>>and graphics

What line of work do you think sign making is?
Seriously, the CPU's available today will all work fine and brand is probably the least of the concerns. I doubt you put two identical computers together and the only difference was the processor that anyone could tell which is what unless you had software telling you what was inside.

WildWestDesigns

>>and graphics

What line of work do you think sign making is?
Seriously, the CPU's available today will all work fine and brand is probably the least of the concerns. I doubt you put two identical computers together and the only difference was the processor that anyone could tell which is what unless you had software telling you what was inside.

Depends on what graphics are demanded and how much complexity there is to them.

As far as Intel and AMD, they are pretty well on parity.

rjssigns

AMD is built for gaming and graphics. It's fine if you are a graphic artist, videographer or serious gamer. But they suck for general work.Not great at multitasking

Fair enough, but I have a different opinion having run several AMD based systems through the years. My experience has been they are every bit as capable as Intel products at a better price point.
My latest rig runs a top tier AMD Black Series CPU. It was built locally by an independent shop that specializes in AMD. They took the time to interview on what my specific needs were. Then they asked what software I was running so they could optimize the system. It's a flat out bone crusher.

ams

Fair enough, but I have a different opinion having run several AMD based systems through the years. My experience has been they are every bit as capable as Intel products at a better price point.
My latest rig runs a top tier AMD Black Series CPU. It was built locally by an independent shop that specializes in AMD. They took the time to interview on what my specific needs were. Then they asked what software I was running so they could optimize the system. It's a flat out bone crusher.

Yeah nothing wrong with AMD, it's just built for graphic based programs and videos and it does a hell of a job. But for an office environment, it sucks.