• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Concrete graphics.

petesign

Am covering some dugout tops with vinyl for our local baseball team. They want to be able to walk on it during 7th inning stretch and during contests, but it wont get a lot of traffic otherwise. Obviously it needs to last 6 months for a baseball season. The surface is concrete.

I have been looking into my options but wanted to run it by a few folks here before I pull the trigger.

1.) Avery MPI 6121 Street Graphic - As much as I don't want to use avery - been burned before, this looks alluring. It's 1.8 mil thick, and doesn't require a laminate, just low tack application tape. Expensive ($1200 for a 54x150' roll, but the lack of a lamination requirement helps there)

2.) Mactac Street Rap - I want to like Mactac, I don't know why. By the time you buy this film and laminate it, it is as expensive as the Avery. It's only rated for 3 months durability with street traffic, but we're only talking two or three times a game this will be walked on, with what, 80 home games a year? The laminate is slip resistant, which makes me feel good about liability, and nobody slipping and breaking their head open. Avery claims their vinyl has micro-fracture technology, so it conforms into the texture of concrete and asphalt - allows for water to drain that way, so no need for anti-slip. Not so sure there, I might feel more comfortable this route.

3.) asphalt art. Their website says no laminate required, but says UV prints, I am solvent. Looks like this option might not work for me anyway. Has anyone used this stuff?

-- any other suggestions out there? I know 3m makes the 3662, and 3647 combo, but the 3647 laminate is $2000 a roll :omg: - so they are out.

Anyone used any of these products, would you recommend them again? I am covering about 1100 square feet, so ease of application, and lasting 6 months with light traffic is a must.

many thanks!:thankyou:

SAR.Summerlin

I have used the Text Walk from asphalt art prints great but I use a Latex printer. I even contour cut it. We are looking at possibly using the asphalt art for a golf tournament we are bidding on. And it doesn't require laminate which is such a time saver. If you contact Asphalt art they will send you a little sample pack. Very helpful people.

Mike F

Only thing I can think of is Permovable. It's pretty pricey, but it looks really nice laid down, almost like the surface is painted. I know Imprintables carries it but not sure who else.

sigsignman

our baseball team does a similar thing and after all costs considered...just went with a very large digital printed banner. It shows up good, shoot it down with some tapcons and you will save them money and you probably will make more money :)

jfiscus

Rap Master
We've used the mactac stuff, works great for what you're describing.
There are many options for non-skid floor laminates out there, I think we used mactac for that also.

CanuckSigns

how complicated are the graphics? is it something you could make a paint mask for out of vinyl and paint the graphics on?

petesign

I am pretty sure I am going the mactac route. It's a brand new stadium, and I would prefer not to drill any holes in the concrete for their banner. I actually come out ahead on the vinyl vs banner thing, and think its a better looking job. We used banners in their old stadium, and it worked.. but didn't look as clean as this will.

Any suggestions on vinyl for a vertical concrete install? that's next for the bullpens.

petesign

I am actually considering using IJ480 and just printing it with my solvent printer. It's either that or the Mactac roughrap. I've had my hands on the 480, and it's really easy to work with, never used the mactac. If I had a vendor who sold the Arlon around here that i had net 30 with I might go for it, but $5k in materials is a lot to lay out and wait for 30 days to get paid.

any other suggestions for a vertical unsealed concrete wall? Will be putting up around 2400 square feet.

AGO

Hey all, what about an area where you would get high traffic and want it to last a long time? I have a fire house that would like a Maltese Cross installed on the apron where the fire truck pulls out. So it would be walked on, driven on, and put to the maximum test of fire fighters. I was thinking the only way to do it is mask it with concrete vinyl and paint on some solid color epoxy, then clear it to prevent it from sun damage.

ProWraps

If I had a vendor who sold the Arlon around here that i had net 30 with I might go for it, but $5k in materials is a lot to lay out and wait for 30 days to get paid.

if your paying $5k for 1100 sq/ft of ANYTHING your getting ripped. Your looking at $2k max in materials for that application. keep in mind, this may need to be a hot install. price for it cause thats gonna take you a minute.

dlndesign

Hey all, I am looking for a concrete vinyl material in 60" or wider, are there any vendors out there that carry something this wide? Thanks.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We've done it 2 ways with great success:

1) Alumigraphics - Amazing Aluminum bases product, Have a piece in front of my shop going on 1 year and its still holding and with a wash the graphics look good.

2) 3M IJ480 + 3647 Laminate - Very Conformable, We had graphics down for a fair that had 100K+ people a day walking over it and it held up for the month very well. Was easily removed with a pressure washer.