Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concrete Post Material????

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by bsbp1230, Jan 9, 2010.

1. bsbp1230

bsbp1230 ..

Aug 12, 2006
    minnesota
    We were asked to wrap 10 concrete posts, about 20' tall and about 15' around. These are all indoors at a mall, but right there is the question what material to use, one for it to stick to the post and the other to keep the "hands" from picking it off. I see that 3m has some tools to install their product but I was looking to see if there was a different product out that does not need special tools. Thanks!! :thankyou:

Tags:
  2. signmeup

signmeup Major Contributor

May 5, 2005
    Canada
    By "wrap" do you mean like vehicle wrap? If so you might want to paint the concrete first to seal it. That way you're wrapping paint, not concrete.

3. cgsigns_jamie

cgsigns_jamie Very Active Member

The 3M stuff is amazing material. If you use that you won't need to paint the columns.

4. bsbp1230

bsbp1230 ..

Aug 12, 2006
    minnesota
    signmeup, the post are painted already. Thanks for your post!!

5. bsbp1230

bsbp1230 ..

Aug 12, 2006
    minnesota
    Should i post this in a different forum, i just did not know where to post for more replies.

6. signmeup

signmeup Major Contributor

May 5, 2005
    Canada
    I suspect that it's not considered much of an issue. Take a piece of the wrap material and stick it to the painted column. If that works you should be good to go. I think if you overlap the seam by 2 or 3 inches it should stay fine.

7. Steve C.

Steve C. Very Active Member

May 22, 2003
    You might consider using floor graphics material. I used it on some table
    tops and it is really tuff stuff.